1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    I am thinking on very similar lines. Suddenly, Abarth Punto T-Jet seems to be lot more interesting than my Linea T-Jet.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Will there be any visual changes for Avventura Abarth like DRL, projector etc
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    As per the autocar quote no visible changes will be to Avventura for abarth tune. But yes, Evo will be changed heavily for abarth version
    avi_loveindia likes this.
  4. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    from July onwards i20 will come up with 5 inch infotainment system ,, Is there any chance Punto/Abarth will come up with that also since recently fiat launched Punto with 5 inch display abroad
    Raj_pol likes this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

Guys lets keep those orgiastic urges of the 135 horses aside. When is Fiat going to do THIS?

http://www.motoroids.com/news/toyota-india-to-standardize-abs-across-range-in-2016-17/

Toyota is quietly stealing the perception tag of 'safety conscious' manufacturer. Kind of puts a dampener on the "built like a tank" theme. Of course, the two are really not connected, but Toyota will try to make some capital out of this.And a good thing I say, if some one gets a base, watered down Toyota Etios with a 90 BHP petrol engine, but with dual front airbags and ABS for around 7 lacs. Thats a big deal. You get bigger interior space and boot space than even a Linea.And pliant ride and neutral handling.
    Raj_pol and vista7155 like this.
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^ and they are going to put safety stars with crash testing and I hope fiat will do this by 2020 if gov don't force. I hope am expecting to much from fiat
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

It is a great and Jap-company-sponsored illusion to think that 'build quality and weight' is un-related to safety, across different accident/crash circumstances.

You are right about Toyota peddling safety as virtue: they have to, since the Etios doesn't sell to anyone but taxi-walla-s. It is a great taxi no doubt, though hardly comfortable or silent-enough on longer drives on chopped up roads, for which of course there are Corolla taxis and Innova taxis.

Was at the Toyota showroom yesterday here in Gurgaon to TD the Camry hybrid with/for a female friend who's car-scouting. They have rather damning images up on a big notice board of the i10, the polo, the nano etc getting crunched, and holding up NCAP-asia as arbitor. Very telling, you might say about the whole notice board.

You're more optimistic than me if you believe Fiat sales will budge higher because of abs in all variants.

btw, Toyota dealers knock Fiat and most other dealerships I've experienced (Hyundai, Honda, VW, Tata, even BMW) out of the park: it just exudes trust, busi-ness, 'professionalism', energy, know-how, etc.

Fiat would be better advised, with the new Jeep dealer appointments, to....appoint as few of the current dealer-owners as possible! The latter do mostly 'get the job done' but just seem to lack the wherewithal to excel in the ways that a more premium brand requires.

Indian Toyota-s are overpriced mediocrities in every way. Ugly and tasteless too, including the Camry Hybrid. But: the showroom, its staff, its processes......and apparently its ASS, wow! Had earlier checked out the Malad/Link Road Toyota showroom in Mumbai too: same sense.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot
    Exactly and that is what matters for sales. I had connected a friend of mine who had an accident with an Alto with his wife and children. Now looking for a sedan with safety as priority. Fiat Caffe called him once and then there were no follow ups. Considering that Fiat is bottom ranked in terms of sales, a little more than this level of commitment is required. Fiat will probably loose him too as he now wants a car with 6 airbags - guy is shaken a bit and wants all possible safety features. I am saying Eco-sport or the Hyundai Verna is the only one that satisfies all of the same. Again, does not care so much about ride and all. Between the two, I guess Eco sport is better structurally. I wanted him to buy the Linea and he likes the car but the 6 airbags is a spoilsport. Even the new Figo Aspire sedan will have 6 in the top version.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    What a morning it was and I got a chance to see test mules of Punto Evo Abarth whichi was followed by Avventura.

Punto evo had red mirror caps and typical Abarth decals on side profile.

Spotted it near SNDT College, I was driving towards Kothrud Depot and they were driving towards Deccan so did not get chance to click photos.

So yes it is coming for sure. A friend confirmed that it is 137bhp running on 87 octane Local grade fuel.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Any idea about the transmission? Auto or the same manual, if auto is made available, then for sure I will have to look into my finances . 135 hp and auto transmission, too much to resist. :stop:
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.