1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

Get ready to trade-in your Evo mjd for a Fiat Abarth Evo 135 hp, why let your grandchildren enjoy it when you can nowSoon?:D

@kedarbendre

Abarth and jeep both are nearing showrooms very soon and 'soon enough', respectively for sure.
    But a 135hp t-jet Avventura (without Abarth livery or special Abarth suspension etc) does sound implausible, i'll admit. More like 105 to 115 hp, at a tease of a price?

Am hoping the high-powered 'Fiat Abarth' 135 hp/160 t-jets come first, followed by downtuned but still segment best, and cheapest turbopetrols, 'Fiat' Punto Evo+Avventura.

They should do BOTH: the amped-up Abarth-s and the normal Linea-style (adjusted for weight and fuel economy) t-jets.
    Deepak likes this.
  2. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot We will see. However, while they are at it can Fiat please take care of the basics - a)gearbox (highly unlikely) b) rear view camera as an option c) high - end speaker system.

Reasoning - See as you say a good engine would not increase numbers. We will see like maybe 50 more a month. Now those 50 folks need a car where the neighbours cannot sway them by saying that you do not have the bling. So bling+engine+accessories makes it greater than the GT in all the categories.

Now if you can price the top variant say a little less or equal to the GT - boom you have something to make you smile.
  3. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @prabhjot I remember Ramkay Fiat sales guy mentioning about 2-3 variants of Abarth. He mentioned top model was a sports model with around 160-165bhp power or so. The other variant/s were 130-140bhp ones. He had a peep at an Abarth in Ramkay service shop last month or so. From these I presume Evo Abarth and Avventura Abarth might be 135 bhp. Just a hunch though. Not sure. They might as well give the 135 bhp engine. But Fiat is Fiat. They can also give India a Abarth 595 with 135bhp and a Evo abarth with 105 or 115 bhp. Can work both ways with Fiat. :-( I am also waiting for Evo or Avventura Abarth. Will decide on Avventura MJD or TJET if it launches :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Rear view camera would be nice. I don't see any issue with Linea's music system amd speakers. At volume level 10 only, its much more than enough I feel.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Presumably Punto Evo Abarth will come at 114 bhp which will be still enough for a segment war with GT Tsi. Knowing Fiat, expecting 135 bhp is more of a day dream than a reality. Anyway it's now speculations time until the launch in August or next year which God only knows ( and may be, Fiat).
  6. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    :joyful: LOL Fiat is not able to launch 1.6 in the present car but we are dreaming about 135 horses. I will believe them once it's in the showrooms.
    Till date there are only speculation from other forums and no concreate information
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @vista7155

@puntophile saw the t-jet Evo at Kashyap i believe in Delhi just a couple of weeks ago, even spoke to the engineer accompanying the car etc. So....

@Raj_pol

I know people who find my new Linea bling-y what with the chrome, and the almost-shiny dash soft-material, have heard similar comments about the Evo. So am not sure a bling-deficit has much to do with anything. Yes a touchscreen etc ICE + speakers would be nice, as would projector lamps and a sunroof, paddle shifters and so on....but it'll bump the price up, and whether that'll persuade any additional folk to buy the car, even if they love it, at somewhat higher prices....is doubtful, imo.

It's a no-contest against the anodyne, 'german' coldness of the Polo GT: the Evo t-jet wins hands-down, already, esp steering, tyres, ride, gc, brakes, handling, interiors and build, apart from the engine! Unless the dsg makes a big difference to buyers,which it could but shouldn't since they charge so much for it, and skimp on so much other equipment too.

But this news of multiple applications of the t-jet, in different 'tunes', is good! Won't boost sales much but sure will add to the brand, drive some showroom/TD traffic, make FCA 'look busy' in style in the marketplace, etc.

If I desired or needed even more punch, and on a more compact-therefore-more-fun-in-city car: I'd be trading in my 2014 Linea t-jet for the FiatAbarth Avventura, resale value losses be damned.

Wish they'd later do a bare-bones, rally-style, amped-up but pared-down/shorn Evo+Avventura, perhaps with rally stickering: at a really! cut-price.
  9. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^I will not trade my punto instead I will go and modify my aam punto into abarth if it's released.
    Let me keep fingers crossed and I am listening the story from long time and now new story is there will be 2 new cars from Abarth and 1Tjet by August but don't know which year:banghead:
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    We’d told you earlier that Fiat would be bringing its high-performance Abarth brand to India to add some zing to its model line-up and also boost its brand image. We can now report that you won’t have to wait much longer, as the brand will be hitting showrooms by August this year with not one, but three models.

The first will be the Abarth 595 – which we’ve already tested on Indian roads. It’s a higher performance version of the Abarth 500, which in turn, is a high-performance version of the Fiat 500, which was on sale in India previously in diesel guise. This stylish 158bhp hot hatchback will be brought in as a full CBU import, so you can expect a relatively high price of around Rs 27-30 lakh, which puts it right in the sights of the Mini Cooper. The engine is a highly strung version of the 1.4-litre T-Jet turbo-petrol motor you find in the Linea, and it gets a much stiffer suspension setup and bigger wheels compared to the standard car. It’s a car that should appeal to those trendy folk who want a bit of performance in a small, city-friendly package.

Much more exciting though, is the car that will follow after – the Fiat Punto Evo Abarth. It too will get the 1.4-litre T-Jet motor, albeit in a slightly lower 135bhp state of tune. That, however, will still make it, by far, the most powerful car in its segment. It will be Abarth branded, and will likely get sportier bumpers, wheels and decals too. Fiat could even give it a stiffer suspension set-up for better handling. The best part is, unlike the 595, this car will be locally assembled alongside the standard Punto Evo, so it will be very competitively priced. In fact, Fiat is working hard to localise as much of the car as possible to keep prices down, and since the 1.4 T-Jet is already in India in its 112bhp guise, applying the update to 135bhp will be easier to carry out. Another fun fact is that while the global Punto Abarth is a three-door car, ours will be a five-door. The closest thing this car has to a rival is the VW Polo GT TSI, which is an automatic, is down on power compared to the T-Jet, and uses the same suspension as the standard car.

The third car to get the Abarth treatment will be the Avventura, but the changes won’t be as significant as in the other two. The Avventura will get only the 135bhp T-Jet motor, without the accompanying suspension and visual changes that will come to the Punto Evo Abarth. It will look like the standard car, and rather than full-on Abarth branding, it will get a badge that says ‘Powered by Abarth’. This one is clearly targeted directly at the Ford EcoSport and its 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine, and while the Abarth makes around 10bhp more than the Ford, its torque figure is likely to be a fair bit higher.

Fiat wants Abarth to be a performance brand ‘for a variety of pockets and tastes’, and for that, pricing will be key. With heavy localisation, we can hope that the Abarth Punto Evo, and maybe even the T-Jet Avventura, make it within the Rs 10 lakh cut. What’s clear is that, despite currently having a model range of just three cars (now adding a fourth with the 595), with the introduction of Abarth to India, Fiat is really keen to quickly expand its brand and attract a variety of new buyers.

Source: Whatsapp Fwd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.