1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

This might be getting too OT (mods please delete/shift, if so), but still:

Google the financial statements for any of these firms's Indian operations, all the firms I've mentioned have bleeding balance sheets, then, further, adjust even on generous terms for their export data....ergo losses, they're quite open about it, in fact Carlos Ghosn admitted as much in a tv interview to ndtv just a few days ago.

This is commonplace knowledge among car industry analysts and investors.

As for their failures to do this or that: there are MANY, still, no doubt. I think some of the new dealers/FASS are still no better than adequate, for eg. No MJD2 and/or Multiair engine-tech introduced, no deployment of amt-s let alone the ddct, etc.

The question however is whether by doing all these currently-deficient things: do sales suddenly start happening, profitably? Or are there structural, hard or impossible-to-change characteristics of this marketplace (idiotic or not, is a different question) culture as well as of the Fiat brand here given its history, that make the prospects for bouyant sales most unlikely/impossibly expensive.

See, there must be some deeper, structural issues at play: after all how come so many firms lose money here? so many have a dealer and ASS disrepute/distrust? so many barely surviving financially in India at all only on the back of exports?:blackeye:

I honestly, as a small-time market analyst and investor, then, feel that exports- and Jeep-first is THE only way to go, which is why am assured so far at the reorientation underway it seems from all credible reports at FCA India/Ranjangaon. We still have a year or two of waiting for proper assurance, let's see. Interestingly, VW (already a big exporter) and Chevrolet are also commited to re-orienting towards exports-first, going forward with their new products, while Ford and Renault-Nissan already are so disposed.

Now whether that means that we get to buy the 500X at say 14-15 lakhs in 2 years time, which is ALL/ the only thing that counts (speaking as a customer now)........?!:D
    Deepak and avi_loveindia like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Guys stick to the topic and keep this thread for upcoming Punto Tjet.

If you guys intend to discuss about a company's financial prospects please open a thread in the OT section to keep the discussion on track on the main forum.

Thanks
    vista7155, Saurabh Gharat and Anup like this.
  3. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Fiat will never improve has proved again because these dumb fellows are testing the T-jet and in other side Suzuki is launching S Cross with 1.6 mjd.
    If some body tells that Fiat will be happy in supply of engine then they should not blame our people for not choosing the Fiat and always some one will be successful if they are revolutionary but Fiat is not in that league so they are in correct position in the market.
    This tread is six months old and we are still speculating the engine and nothing moved from fiat and S Cross was also rumored about 1.6 and they are launching very soon with bang and if fiat release T-jet this year (I hope so) it will be never be successful because we know the capabilities of marketing and dealers:banghead:
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    avi_loveindia, Raj_pol and dadasaheb like this.
  4. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    @vista7155 - Agreed 100%. I have changed my mind waiting for punto T Jet and have decided on the facelifted XUV 500 W6/W8.
    Of course, it's a totally different segment. But if not punto T jet, then it has to be an SUV.I was so much tempted to buy the Hatchback T Jet but has now fed up with waiting indefinitely.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @kgramesh : buddy i happened to talk to SA @KHT blore today. He told me Tjet will be launched within 2 months. Anyways you have waited this far i suggest wait little more :)
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @kgramesh
    I am In the same boat sir I am seriously looking for safari or xuv and my service with Tata Vista is 200% better then FAS.
    I am really frustrated with fiat my car is standing in ASS from past 25 days and nobody listens to our concerns.
    I don't know whether I will be able to sell it because it is just 1. 5 years old and if I want to sell it will be huge loss or if i keep it frustrations should be barred :banghead:
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @vista7155 Since you already bit the bullet, you should keep the car for a few more years as otherwise you will incur a huge loss. As for buying a new car, go for the W8. Looks good and is a decent SUV. The T-jet will be released when you have grandchildren.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    All,
    one more update on Tjet: I talked to the SA again today. He informed that Production of T-jet Evo has already begun. :)
    We can expect it soon. Much before Diwali.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Saket Sidana and prabhjot like this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    There were so many article published since last 2-3 years for Jeep and Abarth launch by FIAT. I dont believe FIAT until n unless they showcase the Abarth/Jeep in showroom FOR SALE.
    Raj_pol and kunwar.g like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.