1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acechip

acechip Superiore

I wont be surprised if Future Generali have duplicated the version lineup for Linea onto the Punto. Appears to be nothing but a lousy "master /lookup table update".
    Future G is not the only culprit. Most insurance companies did not seem to have the Duster AWD in their lookup lists when I was shopping around for quotes.
  2. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    So dual-logic is not Dual clutch AMT.? Hmm my bad
    But still the market is going for automatics especially the cost effective amt.Which is very evident, it should be good enough for the mango masses and not for the petrol heads.

And amt suffice for some ladies.They just want a hassle free travel from point A to point B

Why can't fiat do something what the mass currently wants?
    BTW there is AMT in the 500 t-jet
    And the punto MJD in Indonesia .... So I don't think engines does matter for the AMT, it is just a computer shifting a manual gear box instead of a human hand.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Engines don't matter, but the amt module has to completely programmed to work with a particular engine, on a particular model, in a particular market, with particular traffic and driver expectations etc. So it is a good deal more expensive to do so for Indian tjets than for the mjd-s which have ready-to-go tuning on these car models (from Europe and Brazil)? And it seems amt-s work best on high torque at lower revs engines, so applying them to the tjet application in India should not be difficult?

Am sure amt-s will come, at least on the diesels.....but when exactly?

I guess ONLY after the order backlog for Maruti and Tata is overcome, i.e., only next year?
  4. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Its quite funny that Fiat showcased this 135 hp beast in Dec 2011 in Bologna Motor Show and we still asking for it but very rare chance to get this
    punto-born-this-way-2012.jpg Punto-Bologna.jpg

and in the meantime Fiat Punto from Melfi got this new 5'' inch full blown infotainemt system
    punto-infotainment.jpg
    GirishRaghu and Dr. Fixated like this.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @avi_loveindia Awesome machine but we do know that Fiat will dump all of their old and useless stuff in our country and sell less than a 1000 vehicles a month.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

Vastly better than offering copycat old-rubbish-in-a-'new'-tin-car-with-a-name like Elite or City......

and still selling less than 1000 a month!:p

The problem used to be with Fiat and its (i.e., Euro/American) ilk....now it is 90% with the market/the car-public.

Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and Maruti S find it facile to seperate automotive-fools/naifs and their money.

Those same 'fools' will not for many a year, if at all/ever, allow firms like Fiat to take their dough in exchange for really-good-stuff, let alone mimicries of Jap/Korean third-world-special products.:yawn::dead:
  7. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Even that is not happening here. Old t jet engine in old punto is still a mirage unlike their competitors( sorry, market leaders because there is no competition here). Tin or Tank, they are active in the market with new launches and people take it.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @kgramesh

They all have lost and continue to lose BIG money in India, except M Suzuki and Hyundai. Including Honda, Renault-Nissan, Ford, Tata, Chevy, VW+Skoda, and eve mighty Toyota.

What does that say about the wisdom of taking this market-culture at all seriously for new investments and mass market 'all-new' cars? Probably a fool's errand, other than for Toyota and Mahindra perhaps, no?

All the localized-production cars launched here recently have very dated chassis, suspension and safety engineering, including engines and transmissions (the only exceptions being the VW+Skoda TSi+dsg, which are very expensive and haven't sold much. And Fiat's t-jet, still FAR out ahead of the competition, as is arguably even the 'old' mjd. And the new Tata Zest and Bolt, too.

This market's getting happier and happier with more-and-more diluted engineering and component quality, i.e., is becoming MORE not less 'third world' in its average mentality. Of course now, with 'T/Bollywood' styling+advertisements, cosmetics and a whole bunch of cheap gizmo-s.

Firms that are unable and/or unwilling to dilute engineering and safety and build and component standards especially for India, the quintessential 'third world' car-market, may be.....doomed here. Especially given their historically troubled ASS+spares quality reputation/perception.

Fiat is IMO such a company, though it will continue to thrive financially in India (one of ONLY 3/4 firms to do so, so far) on the back of its engine, transmission, amt and other component sales to Tata and Suzuki, and via exports of the same. Also, Jeep, esp via exports, in the years to come. Also, potentially a speculated/rumoured merger/shareswap with Tata-JLR and/or Suzuki.

NOT as/via 'Fiat'-branded car sales numbers per se.

This much seems clear, to me at least.
    kunwar.g likes this.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Can you add some documents showing that all the others are losing money. You have mentioned the same several times - some data would be useful. Also, data is not talking to the local VW showroom mechanic or sale's guy nor is it feelings; I am looking at real numbers. (Links, pdf' etc)

My points that I make are always in terms of business, remember MV Augusta makes better bikes than Bajaj, yet it was the former that was nearly bankrupt and is still only doing OK. The two points that you talk about are at cross - purposes, if they want to sell well, they have to listen to the market. Indians are not as idiotic as you make it seem, I mean forget the north-east, Fiat has like what one show room in entire Andhra Pradesh, maybe just a couple in Mumbai. They release a new vehicle without a top - end petrol, they do not have automatics in any of their cars. This is their fault, not an Indian and driving "Odin" in bumper to bumper traffic still sucks. Not many people have their office in the middle of a desert you know. :)
    vista7155, avi_loveindia and prabhjot like this.
  10. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    We had one Tata-Fiat showroom at my city ,, that even after spit is now TATA only .
    But there are Honda , Ford , Hyundai ,Renault ,Maruti ,, heck there even 'Force' showroom with service center here
    Honda city sells like hot cakes in sedans just like Scorpio in SUV/MUV .
    Very rarely i see Fiesta here but even Ford has biggest showroom here
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.