1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    An idea from FCA Brazil that could be easy enough to implement at low cost and with some meaningful sales/marketing effect: the DNA selector switch being used also on the 500X (in a different form though), borrowed from Alfa Romeo (nomenclature). The Punto Evo in Brazil gets this option, while the European one doesn't, if am not wrong.

Basically switchable maps for the engine, steering, throttle and/or twinclutch autotrans.

In the case of the upcoming Indian Evo tjet, whether as Fiat and/or as Abarth, as well as Avventura tjet, they wouldn't need to tweak the steering or the autotrans or even the throttle, just the ecu map, say from 105 hp to say 120 or even 135hp (if possible)? Perhaps even a lower map for the 'eco' mode?

The physical 'DNA' switch they use on the Brazilian Punto (identical to the Alfa's) is a very chunky aluminium, highly dramatic one! Should persuade a few extra buyers, no?

@asimpleson , say what?
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    While you guys are debating when the Evo T-jet is launched, Future Generali already have the Punto T-Jet in their model list for which you can take the Insurance too. Check out this pic taken while trying to get a quote online.

Fiat Punto 1.4 T-Jet.png
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @ghodlur, even Fiat and Fiat enthusiasts didn't know about it and nobody bought it. ;) And people are just waiting for TJet Evo?
  4. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    In fear of the Tjet evo, VW has already started it's GT TSI adds once again.

This is called marketing. Fiat where are you. Comeon man this is the time to advertise, just a 40sec promo is more than enough.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes the DNA switch would need to do what its meant to. Change the DNA.. :wacky:
    I just hope they do massive marketing man. Staying in Mumbai, I get to see/sample tastes of a cross-section of all sections of society and Fiat really needs to do a lot and make those sales happen to be more visible in nos. Thats the best marketing in India. 'dikhega to bikega'
    prabhjot and mangeshtendulkar like this.
  6. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    I would say...
    Put in an AMT ...GIVE IT PADDEL SHIFTERS instead of the manual mode (I don't think this is going to increase the price) ....give all this at a price lesser than the polo tsi about 70,000 less....post a TV advert just concentrating on the shifters....I think it will be an amazing hit
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @adisrini1103

Yeah, Dualogic amt-s on even the tjet Evo and Avventura, let alone the mjd-s are an obvious product update and market opening (small) in these segments. Even on the Linea diesel, FCA ?! Does Fiat offer the Dualogic amt on the tjet in Europe and Brazil etc though, i don't think so? Anyway it's a nice idea, esp with paddle shifters as you say.

Their (MM) JV factory with Maruti S in Manesar will be churning out many thousands every month very soon. Apparently, the Swift and Dzire are due to recieve the same amt before the year ends.

So if Fiat can very kindly use some leftover ones on their own cars, rather than on Tatas and Maruti S's....it would seem, what's the word?, 'rational'. :hilarious:
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    God knows how much time Fiat takes for testing an already existing product. Wonder what will they do if they bring a completely new product.
  9. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Leave dualogic amt.... I am just expecting the normal AMT.. MS has started testing the AMT in the dzire and already done with ertiga... MS gives what the market wants

Why is fiat taking so much time is doing this... They already have a punto amt in Indonesia... Why be partial to Indians?
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @adisrini1103

The Dualogic AMT is the very same as the one being used by Maruti, made at the JV in Manesar (near Gurgaon) between Magnetti Marelli (i.e., FCA) and Maruti S.

Am sure it'll be offered at some point, perhaps next year, when extra supplies become available. There is currently many months of an order backlog for the amts units, apparently, so....

They'll be making far more money supplying in a pre-ordered, contractual way to Maruti (and also Tata) than they will selling a mere few dozen extra amt-equipped Punto Evos and Avventura-s.

Besides, they're waiting for the tech to get fully accepted, understood and absorbed by the market, which of course ONLY Maruti (and to a degree Tata) can manage to achieve NOT Fiat?

Perhaps first on the Abarth 135 hp Punto Evo? Let's see when the first of the tjet versions of the Evo and/or Avventura launches (around Diwali, one guesses?).

If am not wrong the Dualogic amt's offered abroad only on the mjd-s NOT the tjet-s, which last tend to get the dualclutch 6-gear DDCT? Now, next to no chance of a ultra-cautious FCA India launching that, now, is there? Even though the bloated pricing of the Tsi+dsg, the Ford dual clutch auto on the Ecosport+Aspire apparently, as well as the Honda City cvt makes it very possible.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.