1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol @Saket Sidana

Quite. Funny isn't it that the utter bestseller, the i20 'elite'/'active', offers neither a touchscreen nor anything as useful-enough and reliable-enough as 'Blue&Me', with more than voice recognition: the integration of the MID/MyCar screen and the ICE one. That's what I really like about it.

Still, it's totally true that if Fiat does not launch say a touchscreen ICE or say a panoramic sunroof alongwith the Evo/Avventura t-jet(s)...it'll be again misrecognizing the weird priority-list-culture of most of even the targetted buyers, who are already only a small fraction of the whole 'car public'.
  2. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Blue & me is not reliable period. If you say that it is you are telling a non-truth. I have never used it as the voice recognition never ever recognizes my comments. The best is probably on the Eco sport of the ones I have seen

@Saket Sidana For a start getting it to recognize my accent which is quite decent as I do work with a lot of Americans and Europeans. Second, when I use the horn, the media player stops and re-starts with FM option
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

That's an earthing or some such minor problem with Evo-s. Get it sorted at your next service.
    I've never had any reliability issues with the Blue&Me neither has my dad who's had it on his Linea since 2009. Play around with your accent/enunciation a bit..and you'll be set. Am pretty sure it's every bit as good as the Ford Sync, since they're both based of Microsoft tech. If not better. Blue&Me's integration with the MID is what I REALLY like and appreciate.

Having said that: Microsoft tech sucks, which is why if (say) FCA India were to adopt a similar-to-Tata Harmon system as on the Zest...'sone pe suhaga'. Or even the 'Tom-Tom Blue&Me' console used in Europe on the 500, the Punto, etc, if cost effective?

I do agree with you that FCA India will be making a BIG mistake if they don't introduce a 'high-end'/'the children go WOW' gizmo or two, alongwith the t-jets, 16-inch, all-4 disc brakes, etc. 'We are like this only', afterall!
  4. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    My sixth sense tells that this could be Abarth evo, testing under fiat badge's disguise. I wish my intuition works ;)
  5. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I feel if this launches as Abarth independent then it's a dead launch, no-one I say no common man has ever heard of Abarth or known it's history. It's like people will say ... "wow a 135BHP car super.... looks like a Punto evo so why is it called Abarth!!! why it's not branded Fiat?" and then some prick will tell them that this is a strategy so that if this fails no one will blame Fiat, and this company will shut down. etc etc.

Whereas if this is launched as Fiat - Abarth, then there's a lot more confidence going on. This will even make people go "hey Fiat has a 135BHP car!!!" And will get more people to the showroom, which might generate many more sales.
    Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

No- on the contrary I feel Fiat should visibly stay out of this. There is no problem with unknown brands as long as they are phoren.
    They should jazz up the brand a bit, make it equally appealing to both the "techie" who loves to tout the BHP numbers but is afraid of using them-read typical 35-45 IT guy , to the "freakie" who loves to thrash even an old school 60 bhp engine, read - 20-30 yr guy with ample family inheritance.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    This iteration-with-rumoured-new-turbo?/application/tune? has been under test for a while already. Apparently for 80000 kms so far, with a lot more to go, which is why it will be launched only around Diwali. Now, it simply cannot be worth their while in sales-possibility terms to test this new version/tune/turbo/whatever quite so much, or even to have developed this rumoured-'new' iteration when the Linea already has the t-jet.

Clearly then, whatever it is, it points to sales well beyond the Evo/Avventura Abarth or Fiat-Abarth as the case may be in India. It presumably is a powertrain (new transmission, too?) with a bigger, wider prospect: exports to China for the Viaagio/Ottimo/new Jeeps? T-jets are already exported to china from ranjangaon, i believe? And, i am guessing, deployment on the 1,2,3 or even 4 new small jeeps and their Fiat twins, for India and for exports out of India, starting next year through to 2017/2018.

Exports from India to rhd countries like Australia, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, some middle-eastern countries of the small jeep(s) and/or their Fiat siblings cannot happen on the backs of diesels, since these are totally petrol-centric markets.

Or is it the t-jet MultiAir electro-hydraulic vvt being tested? For introduction here, AND more essentially for exports?
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

I dont understand why Fiat needs to test the engine so much. Really. They can use that time to improve any niggling fit-finish issues as well as sort out that gearbox a bit. And also, try to preserve strength but remove unnecessarily weighty items in the body. I dont think Fiat has done much work in that particular area TBH.
    Raj_pol and dadasaheb like this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Its not the engine that they are testing. It is the aggregates that go with it that are being validated. The last time I saw the tjet in a workshop , it had come to develop the ABS braking system along with the rear disc brakes. Currently those parts are imported and expensive. They are slowly localising many parts.

Abdul
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @jumu

Thanks for that point. I guess they're testing localized components, including of the engine perhaps? Localization is expensive to do just for the low-volumes Indian market, and so major engine-export plans are probably baked-in too. They may, then, really be able to offer incredible pricing, relative to say VW or say Honda, as they already do with the Linea t-jet which still has many many imported components/modules i believe. This talk of a 'new turbo charger' or speculation on the MultiAir being tested is probably just a rumour, then? Not that this engine needs either for its Indian applications...
    asimpleson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.