1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth 500 - Launching soon

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems 500 Abarth is few weeks away from official launch (as per motorbeam report), but is is displayed at as Autocar Performance Show Mumbai.

• Fiat India has finally debuted the Abarth 595 Competizione at the ongoing Autocar Performance Show in Mumbai ahead of its official launch in the coming weeks.
    • The 595 Competezione comes loaded with all the necessary goodies including sports seats, flat bottom steering wheel, sunroof and turbo boost gauge with gear shift indicator.

2015-Abarth-595-Competizione-Autocar-Show.jpg
    prabhjot, varunrtr and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Saw me my first cinquecento live in Gurgaon a while ago, not an Abarth though: matt black. Just amazing how a car as small as this can be so charismatic. As usual, a design triumph from Fiat and the italians!:)

It was being driven by two big tall mean-men seated upfront, with youthful grins on their faces: on a joy-ride, gathering attention as they went down the slick and often fast NH8. They added to its cuteness! :p

This Abarth will be a proper sports car at bargain prices, surely lower than the equivalent Mini Cooper S by at least 8 lakhs. And a pretty practical car too for India, from what i read: better rear space, bigger boot, better ground clearance and MUCH better ride quality.

Hope they can seed Abarth (and the hotter versions of the t-jet) in India well enough with this car: the promised Abarth Punto Evo and the rumoured Abarth Avventura can sell a fair few every month, at say 9-10 lakhs ex-showroom, no?!
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

4. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @miteshpunjani Good news but I will hold my horses till they release it - also the pricing and the promotion both would be important.
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    another nonsense from fiat india. a volume product is the need of the hour and what they are launching is just the opposite. really wonder what kind of people are working for fiat india. they shud just try and concentrate on current products.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Sumit

A 'volume product' needs to sell in 'volumes' to qualify for the name!

Seriously, is there any chance of that were they to say launch the Brazilian Nuvo Uno? When the brilliant value/'values' offered by the revamped new Punto+Avventura+Linea, all three nominally 'volume' products, are ignored by all other than a 1000+/- odd smart/wise ones a month.

And so: Bring on Abarth, Fiat! Play to your strengths, in this difficult car-market culture. An Abarth Punto T-jet 120+ hp, 210+ Nm @ 9-10 lakhs ex-showrrom could sell a fair few a month, at a decent profit too?!

Leave the 'volume product' revenues/profits to come via the Tata JV sales and the Maruti engine + AMT supplies?
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    avventura and evo are a wasted opportunity. that was time for fiat india to show its strength. but with same specs and gear box it was a waste. no advt, nothing. how do they expect volumes. but these guys are happy even with single digit sales figures. avventura is shud have been a completely new product.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    OT, if the mods permit it.

@Sumit

the new i20 elite has exactly the same engine and gearbox as the outgoing one's, which weren't brilliant. It actually has far lesser/lower specs/features than the previous one, for more money! Yet it is outselling the old one more than 2-to-1!

The Suzuki Swift got exposed as a criminally under-engineered, utterly unsafe car. Within a couple of weeks of this scandalous news, the 'new' facelift Swift (having, unlike the Evo's thorough revamp, negligeable changes) proceeds to ADD 6000 sales in November to its already bloated October figure of 12000. Beggars belief!

That tells you about how difficult this market is for Fiat and at least 5 other firms.

So, niche product-variants that add a few hundred to sales (Avventura) or a few dozen each month (Abarth branded t-jet Punto+500+Avventura probably) are just the way to go.

Anything more ambitious (launch all-new this and that too and saturate the media with ad-s etc) will spell financial and business disaster for an-already-as-is PROFITABLE Fiat India.

As an owner and fan of Fiat(Chrysler) I'd want proper authentic Fiat (Italian) cars selling here, not doomed-from-the-start fascimiles of Hyundai or Honda. That's what the Abarth-s are: authentic Italian sportscars, yet 'affordable'!

And I think we may be under-estimating the extent to which Fiat can keep prices down on the Abarth Punto, given heavy localization, and so can sell it 'well'.

If only we TFians had the spare monies for the Abarth 500! That would've been a couple of hundred Abarth-s sold right there, no? ;-)
    jackharrisw and pabhishek like this.
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Whatever said and done about i20 and swift they still sell. That too in big numbers. Fiat may be the best company in the world but their cars are not selling. Fiat India is not making any effort to reach out to the massess. They are satisfied with these sales figures. This is frustrating.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.