1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth 500 - Launching soon

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Till they make a localized version of this car, I do not see it making any difference to the brand. Luxury cars sell because of brand perception and Abarth does not have the recall of a cooper.

India is a strange market and at such prices most folks would go for something larger and more economical from Audi or BMW.

A localized one - at sensible prices now that would be one hell of a machine.

Like the Linea they sell in Brazil only should do with a new product.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Just setting up the stage for the Abarth Punto next year, na? With the t-jet. And with the 1.5/1.6 mjd? At india-friendly prices!? ;-)
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    first one for sale landed in dealership? who s gonna be the lucky first owner ?!
    but the automatic sux.. it does have the paddle shifters, but cant give the feel of manual !!
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I wonder who would wish to buy and damn expensive amt coupe in India. Even if they place it around 25L bracket one would get a family sized car say fortuner. So the sales may be hardly few. Isn't it?
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @zenwalker Trying to understand Fiat is like trying to understand your wife. Both cases - impossible. I really want to check in LinkedIn tonight who are the top bosses for FIAT India.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Raj_pol
    Not sure about understanding a wife which is impossible or not, but i definitely wanna agree with you ;)
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    This car's the flagship for the Abarth brand, which needs an 'introduction' to the Indian public since most are not familiar with its storied history.

Guess this car is just meant to seed interest for the real one: the abarth punto t-jet at properly 'affordable'/Indian prices, with a locally made t-jet engine, next year. And, who knows?, maybe a 1.6 mjd one too? ;-)

The Abarth 500 has incredible, supercar power and torque to weight ratios, and brilliant handling etc. If Mini sells a fair few a month, i believe the 500 abarth will too, albeit only in the biggest cities. I suspect I know a few people who, IF they had the money to spare (which some of them do!), would be quite keen on this car. Quite a few are women, too, i might add! :)
    Raj_pol and zenwalker like this.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    people who would buy mini cooper for 25-30 lakh would look at this also as an option .. its not for the general masses and aam aadmi.. its for the elite class !!! there are people who buy R8 for the price with which they can buy a rolls or bentley.. there are people who knows what they want unlike normal indians according to whom paying more money means having more seats !!!
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is this getting launched today, as Autocar Performance Show is starting today in Mumbai.?

This article says so -
    • Fiat India will launch the highly rated Abarth 500 Competizione hot hatchback at the Autocar Performance Show 2014, which is scheduled to commence on Thursday at Mumbai‚Äôs MMRDA grounds.
    • Under the hood, the Abarth 500 Competizione high performance hatchback gets the 1.4-litre 4-cylinder turbo petrol engine that is capable of producing a top power output of 158bhp and a peak torque of 230Nm.
    • This engine is coupled to a five-speed manual transmission gearbox which sends the power to front wheels of the car.
    • The Abarth 500 Competizione accelerates to 100kmph from zero in around 8 seconds.
    • The Abarth 500 Competizione hatchback will come as a completely built unit (CBU), and is expected to be priced in the range of Rs. 25-30 lakh.

img-20141008-wa0011-jpg.72950
  10. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    With 3 models under FIAT (Linea, Punto & Avventura)... FIAT needs to act fast to be in the competition.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.