1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth 500 - Launching soon

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

No mate, you are terribly mistaken here. There are countless videos to hear a Porsche, Bugatti or even other Italian products like Lamborghini or Pagani for that matter. It's FIAT (on the back of Ferrari+Maserati obviously) that manages it so cool. Heck, Many best performing Super-cars don't sound good enough to take on an Abarth, Maserati & Ferrari are different story altogether. Is it a matter of just priority?? NO! It takes very top notch Engineering expertise. Very precise fuel dynamics & purpose built high grade metals.

You must know that Ferrari/Maserati have ENTIRE DEPARTMENTS of engineers, designers, and testers, dedicated to getting JUST the right exhaust sound. Obviously Abarth has the advantage to make use of readily available expertise, I doubt they achieved 500 Abarth sound so cool on their own. Specially crafted mufflers using very special kind of stainless steel with exotic polishing, vacuum actuated valves to control the flow of exhaust under different driving conditions....

Don't you ever feel German sports car trying so desperate to sound good but they just can't?
    I would prefer Abarth 500's exhaust than any Porsche you can think of. Again, it's not about loudness, it should feel organic... just screaming is not enough:p.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The porsche's sound is like a generator and sounds good only with an aftermarket exhaust !! There was a video of some US channel's review with the guy who is in the abarth technical team, who explained how much time they took to develop the exhaust by changing 12 different types of mufflers and finalized on a different one !! Thats what i said, the priority they give to R&D of even the exhaust note is amazing and the italians knows how to do it the best. Again i m saying, the sounds in the videos and in real are not the same, dont judge it with some videos !!
  3. redbull

Just an OT joke.

Why did Bernie Ecclestone shy away from Indian Grand Prix? Because Indian promoters were pressuring him to run the Formula One on diesel !!! :evilsmile:evilsmile:evilsmile
    4 people like this.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That is bad-luck, can't help it. However, Videos hardly improves anything... the actual sound has to be better. A bad exhaust will sound worst. I would rather put it this way... how many exhaust videos are uploaded for all different brands and what appreciation it collects... that may give a fair idea.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I wonder if FIAT ever considered such a thing. People here can't afford two different cars for individual use. If i shelve out some extra money, better it be my routine commutation as well. Imagine a 1.6 MJD and just an upgraded suspension (not the full Abarth kit, to keep it cost effective) and Scorpion badges here and there, not a bad idea. That would be an Abarth as per Indian standards and business effective as well.

People would laugh on Diesel sport model idea in US or Europe but not in India. With all fuel economy of the world, it will be the hottest FIAT to date, be it 500 or Punto.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry guys but things are getting off Track here :eek:fftopic, this thread is only on the Fiat 500 Abarth launch and with the help of our TFi friends, we are able to see some snaps and even a Test drive report (Thanks to @varunrtr) of the little hot 500 on the Forum.</SPAN>

This Car is a Fiat 500 model and it is a very Own Fiat make/made..
    Abarth is basically a guy who took his love of car to the next level and made a only exclusive Modification brand for Fiat.
    For ex: Merc has there own maniacs like AMG, Brabus who tune Mercs to a whoe different level.</SPAN>
    Abarth only and only until now work on Petrol motor and only once anyone drives it will ever even think of hating it.
    I am sure at least the initial batch which would be pure imports would easily cross the 20 lakh bracket so the customer who would buy this wound’t think of Fuel economy because every time anyone would drive would bring a smile on his face, because this is not just a regular Luxury with messager seats and TV screens.</SPAN>
    </SPAN>I am sorry but can we discuss on how to get more info on this car and not go off topic like 500 looking like beetle and fitting a diesel motor and so on :confused:
    …. May be 500 would come on MJD motor in the future who knows but for now it is a Petrol motor.....
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That's job of Moderators dear, so take a deep breath & relax;).
    Abarth's exhaust is the key topic and proposed new engine for Abarth... none of them is OT. Have fun!

- - - Merged Post - - -

That is also not true. Fuel economy has become one of the must-have of D-seg. cars in US/Europe, forget about India. 40 Imp. MPGs in Gasoline is very common in Europe even for naturally aspirated 2.5 Ltr engines.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

OCTANE Amatore

I know I am speaking absolute stupidity here but have you redlined a Punto/Linea 1.4 FIRE?:D Exhaust note is one of the best that I have come across in stock form in this segment. Beyond 3500 RPM the sound changes dramatically. Just brings a smile to my face when I hear it. On the highway, roll up the windows, switch off the AC and music system and gun it. This is one car which you can redline safely as the speed doesn't increase in proportion to sound.
    I too try something similar to this. Since we don't have a tunnel I use a narrow straight stretch of road near my home. If I am coming home late night, I first ensure that the road is free, then roll down my windows and revv it to the max upto 60kmph. The sound of the engine is reflected back to my ears by the walls on the side of the road and you feel the rush. Beyond 60 kmph windnoise overtakes the engine sound. Talk about cheap thrills!

BTW I havent heard an abarth in real. But I was lucky enough to hear a ferrari F430 in Paris. This guy was showing off (pretty common in Paris) and he just launched the car from the Traffic light in almost full acceleration and the sound and the way it shot forward was unbelievable. It was an absolutely hair raising experience and the entire street was echoing the sound of the car. Hearing it in real is different from those in the videos as in real life you feel it in your heart. If an abarth can even come close to it, that would be a big plus.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lol! What insane guys and their choice of car bang on with their character. Loved it.
  10. Abarth Esseesse -First Drive experience

This is first drive report of Abarth Esseesse by Rajan(patchyboy), I found this to be unbiased narration of his first time driving experience. With Rajan's permission I am sharing it here.
    This is the only first drive experience of FIAT Abarth 500 esseesse in India. Rengarajan Balasundaram is taking the car thru the paces. Below are Rajan's comments.
    This is not a professional review. I am not going to tell you what you will like and what you will dislike. I mean, how the hell am I supposed to know it? Do not make your purchase decision, based on this video. This is just an amateur video, with an amateur narration. The car is AWESOME. A true memory, I will cherish for a long time to come. A big thanks to VECTO MOTORS.

You tube link if you would like to watch directly Abarth 500 TD - YouTube

If you are happy with this little clip and effort put in by Rajan, please hit like button on Youtube page.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    7 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.