1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth 500 - Launching soon

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI, I just checked it visually, there was no way to drive or even crank.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Ravi
    You should have asked the SA there, the previous night of 5th march, they drove it from their stockyard. But still they should have allowed it to be cranked.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

They must allow it to be cranked. For proper enthusiast, it will seal the deal there and then. 500 Abarth's strongest selling point is it's raspy exhaust actually. A few 100s of 500's Abarth will educate on how should a petrol exhaust should sound like. So many Maruti/Hyundai's/Civic's worked out exhausts with some bizarre Irritating kind of loud noises literally spoils the day:(.

Indian Enthusiasts have been a failure in this dept, horrible taste and zero awareness. Talk about Bullets being stripped off their Silencers... that phat phat... :A

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @ENKI,
    Between Abarth and Maserati, i would still love Maserati's exhaust sound. Man it chills the bones. Hope one can fit it on punto or simulate such :confused:
  5. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    Completely agree wid you
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Generally, Naturally aspirated gasoline are best contenders for producing best notes. Abarth's smaller size + Turbo's + budget designed fluid dynamics doesn't help, still they are melodious enough for whatever price they come at.

However, Maserati Ghibli 3.6 Twin Turbo (an exception being a turbo engine) & Granturismo MC Stradale are simply two best exhausts according to me. No one does it like Italians do! So much so that even Germans gave up and start feeding artificial engine sounds via speakers.

As far as simulation through speakers is concerned, that is Automotive BLASPHEMY for Italians. They will stop making cars than do this. According to Ferrari, It gives a feeling of conversing with your car, like it's alive and talking to you. Sometimes, they can't help this habit even in A-Seg. cars & rejected as "noisy engines" in favor of Honda/Maruti by a practical buyer. I have heard countless Honda owners talking about "how silent Honda engines are", hahahaha!!
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    You said it right brother. None can put better than this. :clap

Yes recently saw Audi adding fake exhaust for their electric car in discovery. Agreed on the italians passion about their cars being the sexiest. Though Abarth sound is kool, but it doesnt hit you in the right spot like maserati does, but oh well price and the segment matters too i spose.

Rightly said, Top gear jeremy does the same and says the same too on the show and you almost can feel the same as an audience. When he revvs in sports mode inside tunnel, just listening to it, i was like drooling all over ;)
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats coz you havent heard it in real,The videos doesnt capture it precisely as it is !! It indeed hits all the spots you want !! :p And there is sound difference between a 595, 695, other maserati/ferarri editions of abarth 500 !! The maserati and ferarri editions sound so much ferocious than the normal ones and can give a tight competition to the real ones !! And it aint true that only NA cars can give best notes, it all depends on the R&D done on it, some gives it more priority, thats all !
    IMG_5074.JPG
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    3 people like this.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Abarth and diesal....kidding? what for?
    1 person likes this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Rightly said, though i really wish i get a chance to hear them, drive em all in live. :(
    Btw the alloys in the pic is really hot.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Correct question there, but to fit in indian market may be a Diesel variant is necessary, but then IMO it would loose its touch, beauty and essence if MJD goes in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.