1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth 500 - Launching soon

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    A known source told me that the Abarth will be tentatively launched in the 27 to 30L price range which brings it unfortunately in the Mini Cooper price band. Also there will be 3 variants of Abarth - 165 PS, 145 PS and 135 PS which will launched for India. The most surprising thing to know is that the Abarth to be launched comes with 90 mm GC. Now how would these even be suitable for the indian road condition.

According to Fiat they have 1500+ pre bookings available with them.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    All 3 power prepositions are good. But with 90mm ground clearance, it is not possible to own one in Bangalore atleast. I managed to scrape a speed breaker today with 185mm and 2 people on board!! sope with 90 mm, doubtful if it will complete the speed breaker!
    Vaibhav Rawat likes this.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    OMG!!
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @ghodlur

Are you sure of the credibility of this source, since they probably do have...15.00 pre-bookings rather than 1500?! :p

Also I find the multiple power outputs availiability very implausible, unless they're also planning on offering a cheaper version with the localized-in-India t-jet in India, the one they've been testing on Evo-s, the one a TFi member sighted at a FASS in Delhi recently? If the latter: fantastic!

It is nowhere near the Mini price range: more like 8 lakhs cheaper actually, if am not wrong, since the Mini JCW S would be the Mini model it competes with, and not the decidedly banal power-output ones that sell in the 25-30 lakh range.

Hope they offer some bright, sparky colours, including esp of the famous Fiat 500 dashboard body-coloured panel. Not sure if Abarth-s offer that, they should in India imo. It'll make a difference to sales as well as marketing/branding.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    90 mm GC is so low for a sports car, Fiat chrysler should launch it starting from under 25 lacs range
    Yes Prabhjot hoping they offer body coloured dashboard too, marketing should be made quite aggressive
    Hearing at its roaring sound many will go crazy for this cute small pocket rocket hatch
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Sailer_Punter

90 mm is essential to handle (in both senses of the automotive term) all this power and torque. It just has to sit low.

The saving grace is the very short wheelbase: it'll bottom out on good roads much less than many longer cars with higher-than-90mm gc.
    Sailer_Punter likes this.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I hope they give preference to existing Fiat owners for a test drive. That's how far I can go with the prices being talked about. :( Test drive comes for free though. :) :)
    prabhjot and Mabams1826 like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Like I said its a known source who had been a part of the Abarth training programme at the Fiat factory so I assume it would be correct. Also the figure of 1500 is pre bookings, how many actually turn into sales only time will tell.

The engine variants info is the one even I doubted coz it does not make sense to have 3 engine tune ups and keep rest of the set up same just to make the car affordable (to some of course)
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    That is true but I was skeptical as Harley superlow also has the GC of 100+ I guess and a cousin who owns this keeps complaining on his woes with speed breakers. With couple of well built people, you may see this car hanging on the speed breakers .

Whatever it is, happy that there is something coming as even service station guys are commenting on Fiat's product range, forget about us!
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Saurabh Gharat

Saurabh Gharat Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.