1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A2DP Streaming using BnM

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by Narayan, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anyways AUX input is provided , connect a Bluetooth receiver and enjoy.but why not A2DP still in FIAT. Very sad.
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    I have tested this in 2 different new Lineas (a T-jet and a MultiJet).

About the upgrade in new Linea, it's just the HU and not Blue and Me. Blue and Me is supposed to provide A2DP profile. However, there are many websites falsely quoting (or speculated feature) Bluetooth streaming, which they must have misunderstood for Handsfree.

Even the advanced offering of BluenMe TomTom doesn't support Bluetooth streaming of music.
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  3. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    AFAIK new Linea doesn't have A2DP in B & M. I was present at the launch of new Linea at Pandit Auto, pune.

Our forum member kedarbendre and I tried to connect his Sony Xperia to B & M

I use this app to stream music through B&M but quality is not that good. 7uvenemu.jpg

abedy4a6.jpg

The App is good and you can receive phone calls to.
    Try it out yourself. You might like it.
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Quality is low because it streams music over single channel (Mono).
    1 person likes this.
  5. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes exactly.
  6. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    This is very sad.

2 major features that i was looking for the upgrade

1. A2DP streaming on BnM. This has started becoming available even in cheap HUs, but FIAT being the first to bring in bluetooth connectivity on HU, not bringing in this feature is a huge let down. I dont think this is going to come in the near future since FIAT would plan on usnig the same unit acorss Punto and Avventura variants as well.

2. The flexibility to change tracks of USB from HU buttons and display of tracks in HU Display. I was hoping this will be an enhancement as well in the new linea. If this is also not possible in the new one, i dont think FIAT is thinking through the minds of an Indian family and conditions. Everytime, i plug the USB, if only the driver has control over what is playing, it isnt the best model for indian conditions. I dont know why FIAT needs to have USB media play only through BnM. there are several HUs that offer a USB direct interface !

It is disappointing for me, if the above observations are true !
  7. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Narayan sir, the only good option seems is that you use remote provided by Fiat with the HU.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    :(I wish that worked. You can't change the USB tracks with the remote either. Only option to change tracks while playing from USB is the steering control buttons.
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  9. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat really made this tricky. The Aux. Input in new Linea is really very welcomed though
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  10. arunabhis

arunabhis Timido

Mumbai
    Please use "BlueMe" for apple phones . the sound is not that great as it uses the phone mode to connect to the blue and me. the software is INR 250 on appstore but as of now yeah i can play audio directly through my phone.

if anyone needs a demo in Navi Mumbai , i would be obliged to provide one.