1. The much awaited Team FIAT Stickers have been launched. To get your set click here : Team FIAT Stickers

A2DP Streaming using BnM

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by Narayan, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Knowing that BnM does not support A2DP streaming, has anyone come across any android app (or any mobile app) that can be used to play from our mobile fones through BnM? I think it would be good to have something like that !
  2. mindgrinder

mindgrinder

Delhi
    I do not think its possible from any app, A2DP is a hardware requirement. I do not think BnM comes with one.
  3. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    I was just thinking about something. In the market we have bluetooth USB dongles like this one :
    http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-A320s-Bluetooth-Stereo-Adapter/dp/B000P6500E . If we connect it to the USB port in our cars , is it possible to emulate the A2DP streaming ? if someone has tried it? I have doubts though considering the limitation of the USB port in the car..
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

These Bluetooth dongles need drivers to function. The USB port in the Punto and BnM will never be able to detect the dongle considering the fact that these dongles are not autodetected by windows itself most of the time.

Apart from that the BnM Software is obviously no intelligent enough to read content streamed from a bluetooth dongle etc etc. and lots more.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat \_
    have anyone tried the above for A2DP steaming via bluetooth ?????
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

even if it works.. will the phone be able to connect to two devices at once.. say the dongle and BnM
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat \_
    thomman,
    but from above comments it seems like the problem is with our Blue n Me which doesnt supports A2DP streaming...
    need some experts comments
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This will not work. BnM is not designed to detect such devices. It detects only storage devices or devices that do not need any special drivers, like say, an USB hub. The phone can connect to multiple devices via BT at the same time, but with different services. For example, you can connect the phone to a BT headset and at the same time, connect to a laptop using BT to transfer files. However, you cannot connect the phone to 2 different headsets at the same time as you will need to use the same service for this connection.

I am thinking in a slightly different line. What if we open up a BT headset, hardwire a 3.5mm audio pin to the heatset's speaker wires and plug into Aux-in? This is assuming we have already figured out how to add Aux-In. Then if we pair that headset, we will be able to stream music as well as take calls from the phone in our Aux-In mode. However, this will mean we cannot use B&M for calls.

A2DP is just a software upgrade. I wonder why FIAT / M$ cannot give that. It is like building a nice powerful car, with great quality components and great handling, but not providing something basic like turn indicators :A :A

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat \_
    This is must A2DP in BnM, FIAT should think about this,like the one done for the GC kit.
    eventhouh if FIAT gives the features this will be something related to hardware or software upgrade ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

As our BnM is windows,the selected ASUS BT dongle supports windows might be the case of compatibility with BnM.
    AFAIK read somewhere in your posts that you can hear the GPS navigation sound from your windows mobile(Samsung) into the car speakers ? this works only due to windows phone ?
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is correct. Since mine is a windows phone, message reader of the phone and GPS voice guidance work with B&M. However, streaming music does not.

Rajan