1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A weekend drive to Goa

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by wolverine_arnab, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Last week after the wayanad meet we(me and my wife) started looking at our calender for the next possible vacation(drive you may say)..And voila the next weekend with four holidays turned out to be ideal for us.Next was where should we go?
    Goa was the answer to get rid of the mounting stress in the past few months.
    We had no plan, no luggage packed(didnt even unpack the luggage from wayanad trip),our pets were @home(had to leave them @pet boarding), only thing that gave us the courage is our caaaar,the dirty look(no wash after the wayanad trip) she gave was enough to soothe us with the fact she is ready for the trip.
    On 14th evening we try to catch some sleep(toss on the bed for an hour, too much excitement I guess), we get up pack our luggage(or rather carry the same luggage)get our dogs and move out by 8:30 pm@14th aug from our home.
    Our first destination was to leave our pets in my friends house near hebbal..we took nearly 2 hours to reach hebbal(unbelievable, it got worse with the rains coupled with fleet of trucks flocking in that stretch)
    We have light dinner and leave bangalore from my friends place around 11:30pm, only to catch up with the remaining traffic(gosh why was it so crowded)..we get up on the highway around 1 after paying toll @nelamamgala.
    We drive for sometime(probably a couple of hours)but the traffic is probably too much to our liking(atleast a 100+volvos @that stretch racing with the high spirited truckers) and with a couple of horrible accidents we saw we decided to have a good long power nap and start after a couple of hours.
    We stop after a crossing a toll booth, with outside temp at 20°c and cool breeze with glasses rolled down a little we slept off with alarm for 4:30am(which never got us up)..we were quite late from our actual plan.(wait did we have any plan?only to reach goa befotre lunch so that I could start the process of destressing at the earliest)
    We move out at 5am, again see some accidents on the way(few very very bad, didnt want to take a pic)
    We reach belgaum by 9:45am, take the road from amboli ghat, sawantwadi(roads are in the worst state in this rain)..
    We were stopped for car check(a new rule:every non goa vehicle has to pay 100 bucks irrespective of what documents you have for these hardwroking govt servants chai pani)..
    Just before crossing mapusa, a new toll booth has opened up(again a news for me, every non goa vehicle has to pay 250 bucks entry tax to goa, you will get a refund if you return within 4 hrs)
    We reach the hotel in baga around 1:30 ish(already got the bike and the usual stuff arranged before hand).
    So now the usual bike ride and shack hopping continues..

So any member tfian in goa if you read this message do send me a pm(saw atleast 15 puntos and linea on this stretch to goa hope some ine made it to goa), we can have a mini tfi meet in good $pirit$.

Ps:will upload the pics when possible..sorry for this long boring narration.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    6 people like this.
  2. Saw 3 puntos near baga(all KA registered),black, red, white...hope atleast one is from tfi..

3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    nice write up there arnab. hopefully one day I make such guys only journey to Gao as its more fun that way ;)
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Hmmm..fun is all around..and in goa its aplenty..
    Dont worry zen we can do this trip again..need to get a few guys willing to join and a license from our wives if married..

5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    no need of any such licenses buddy, not yet eligible.
    btw I'm game for Goa anytime. ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  6. we can plan one no problems. .

7. The day to return back to bangalore comes, with it the sadness...
    Lots of friends and memories made, titos have gone from best to worst(maybe indian crowd was the problem)..
    Still goa will be forever our favorite place to visit in india..
    We promise to come back in january big time hope a few other Fiat's join us else the trip will be made in Royal Enfield Classic 500.
    With this our 11 th trip to goa comes to an end(waiting for dinner though)..
    Thanks guys for having patience to go through the thread.
    Will try to post the pics once in bangalore.

1 person likes this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^,
    Next TFI Bang meet in GOA :p hehehe lol
    1 person likes this.
  9. Very optimistic zen..would love that..atleast even if 2-3 cars make it.
    I missed out goa meet last time(really missed it)

10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I am always game for it :)