1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A weekend drive: Blore - Coorg

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by punto_emotion, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, Nice pics how are the roads in and around coorg *(Abbey falls, Talakaveri) patchy roads or improved now..?
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Thanks Surya! Roads leading to Abbey falls is still patchy. Not sure about Talakaveri
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had been to Abbey falls around 3 years back, the road was in very bad shape then, and I didnt have the courage to take my Punto there. Instead went there in my friend's santro. He stays in Madikeri town.

Some pics from that trip.
    coorg.jpg
    coorg4.jpg
    coorg1.jpg
    coorg2.jpg
    coorg3.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Nice pics. Do you mind sharing the wallet impact of amanvana resort? Coorg used to be one of my most favourite biking destination during my pre-marriage days. The first long ride I had with my wife was also to coorg :)

Do post some more photos of the Fiat if you have them...
  5. sands

sands Timido

Bangalore
    Excellent and crisp write up! and good snaps too! Wonderful place to spend your anniversary!
    I had been to coorg (madikeri) during the first week of December. The roads from Bangalore all the way till Madikeri was in supreme condition! Newly laid after Suntikoppa. The road to Abbey falls was in the worst condition possible due to some cable laying work. Half of the road was dug up at most places and many places we had got stuck because only one vehicle could pass through. Couple of pics attached showing the road condition. Roads from Madikeri to Talacauvery is in mixed condition - good roads uptil the turn off to Napoklu, very rough with potholes then till Bhagamandala, and excellent surface then on till the temple. the entire route is very scenic though.
    IMG_0605.jpg IMG_0608.jpg

Find a snap of my punto enroute.
    IMG_0754.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi experts, I'm planning for a trip from bangalore to coorg. I need to know the road condition. If anybody travel recently, please share your exp about the road condition. Thanks in advance..
  7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not even a single reply . I am waiting. please help.
  8. Road is good till madikeri,It is little patchy later but not anything that one can not drive.
    1 person likes this.
  9. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Sat