1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A weekend drive: Blore - Coorg

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by punto_emotion, Feb 20, 2013.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Background:

Wifey & me wanted to celebrated our anniversary in a relaxing manner. So, the research for places and resorts started. Usually this will be my wife's portfolio because being a Doc, she has the patience to research & select the best resort for our trips :D We could not spare more than 2 days for the trip. So selected Kushalnagar, Coorg as the destination and Amanavana Nature resort & Spa has the stay place.

Basic Stats:

> No of pax: 2
    > Distance travelled: @ 500 kms both ways
    > MID Mileage: @ 19 kmpl with AC

The Journey:

We started on Sunday (17th Feb) early morning @ 6 am from my place (Basavanagudi, Blore). On the way stops were - Kamat Janapada loka for breakfast and Navaneetha Krishna temple in Channapatna. From there straight headed towards Kushalnagar through SH 17 & Mysore - Coorg bypass. Roads are in pretty good condition but SH 17 known for its notorious humps and wayward driving, one cant zip through unlike other NHs.

The Stay:

It was an amazingly relaxing experience at Amanvana Resorts. Rates were on a touch higher side when compared to normal resorts but it was truly worth the money! Excellent service, superb ambience, fantastic spa facility to unwind and relax! Staff were very courteous and catered to our needs very well.

Time for few pics:

IMG_6575.JPG

IMG_6578.JPG

IMG_6595.JPG

IMG_6599.JPG

IMG_6603.JPG

IMG_6579.JPG

IMG_6617.JPG

IMG_6618.JPG

IMG_6661.JPG

IMG_6716.JPG

IMG_6722.JPG

IMG_6795.JPG

IMG_6876.JPG

IMG_6897.JPG

IMG_6905.JPG

IMG_6919.JPG
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    6 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which route you took? Can you please provide some more details on hotels, places to see etc., I planned to go there sometime this year.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Ravi, I took Blore - Mysore highway and just before Mysore, you have to take a right at Columbia Asia hospital signal. This will lead you to Mysore - Coorg / Hunsur bypass road. Keep continuing for @ 15 mins or so and you will bypass Mysore city and hit the Mysore - Madikeri road. Places to see in & around Coorg - Iruppu falls, Kaveri Nisargadhama, Dubare Elephant camp (kids will enjoy), Brahmagiri hill, Raja's seat (View point in Madikeri), Abbey falls, Golden temple (Tibetian colony), Talakaveri (birth place oof river kaveri) etc. You can shortlist based on personal preference. In case you are interested in rafting, check for rafting season and plan. Coorg does offer river rafting activity. There are numerous home stays and decent priced resorts to choose. Few expensive ones are - Orange County, Taj Vivanta, Amanvana etc. Shall check my memory lane and will give few pointers for homestays & resort
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You can take the byepass from srirangapatna to Elivala/Hunsur. It is around 10kms less. No need to go to Mysore.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree! Last time when I took this route, road condition wasnt great. Of course it was some time back. How is it now?
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I took this route some four months back. It was good then, except for a few potholes near the KRS deviation. Else it was good with 70+kmph capable. This has been my preferred route whenever I drive home, except during rains. This route it gets pretty bad during rains.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  7. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I have stayed in Orange County and I would say Very few in the world would come close in terms of hospitality and living experience there. Highly recommended.
  8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

That seems to be a very nice and relaxed trip i must agree.

Beautiful pictures too :)

How are the road conditions towards Madikeri (from Kushalnagar)? i heard the roads were in a very pathetic conditions with big potholes (long time ago - 6 months or so)!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Thanks Raj :) Yes! It was extremely relaxing. This time around I did not go beyond Kushalnagar. From what I have heard, it is not all that bad. My friend visited Madikeri last month and she faced no issues with road condition.
    1 person likes this.