1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A warm hello to all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by V. K. Pasupathy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi friends,
    I'm Pasupathy, a physics graduate. After working for over 21 years with Govt., presently into practice as a professional Indirect taxes advisor.

I'm greatly fascinated by new-gen automobiles, Fiats in particular. Yes I now own a pre-owned Fiat grande Punto 1.3 mjd 90hp, after owning a couple of Maruti WagonRs earlier.

Every fiat enthusiast has a unique liking to Fiats but mine is purely based on the safety Fiats offer. I had known and seen at least two terrible accidents involving fiat vehicles with the occupants came out alive and on their feet, with only some superficial bruises. Yes. You guessed it right. On both the occasions the cars were totaled.

And my long wait for owning a fiat (since the fiat uno days) has come true only recently a couple of months back.

And during the process of short listing the used cars I was looking, I gained immense knowledge from various online forums, including team fiat. I wish to share whatever I learnt with other members wherever possible.

Thanks for enrolling me as a member of this wonderful forum without any hassles.

PASUPATHY
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome to TFI @V. K. Pasupathy Start your own ownership thread with loads of photos. Enlighten us with Taxes and physics alongwith Fiat ownership experience!
    V. K. Pasupathy and limraj like this.
  3. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @KPR. Will start the ownership thread shortly as per your advice.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome Pasupathi. Enjoy your time here.
    Physics and Taxes... anyway both need mathematics!
  5. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @limraj. Many in this country could not pursue a career of their choice, rather a career in relation to what they study. And the same is true in my case too. Now, tax laws are my bread-winner and physics is my passion. No regrets though!

Mathematics!? I seldom use mathematics in my profession. It is more of tax laws - their interpretation and application to a given circumstance(s).
    KPR, prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Warm welcome V.K. Pasupathy ji,
    As you have already mentioned about the Safety of FIAT cars when you saw the accident, we would also like to know the safety from other aspects from drive train point of view, stability at high speeds,steering feedback, cornering,marathon runs(with out any hussles) in short your driving experience on 90Hp. 90Hp is always fun to drive,than 75Hp. Enjoy your stay.
    V. K. Pasupathy likes this.
  7. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Ganges Thanks very much. Will do when I start my initial ownership thread shortly including my pre-purchase research, checklists I've prepared etc.
  8. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome @V. K. Pasupathy sir. Like your enthusiasiam in joining the forum and indulging into discussions. Hope your new buy gives you a great smile. Wish you a happy miles ahead and want see more travelogues and Pictures from your side.

Congratulations again.
  9. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Giridhar Thank you very much for your kind wishes. Yes. I'm absolutely happy with my ride. Sure. Will share more in the coming days.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Better late than never.

A warm Welcome to you, Pasupathy. I am sure you will have great time driving your Fiat. :)