1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A trip to OOTY !! {Need help from the participants of Mega event}

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vvk007, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I will add one more thing about Nehar Nilgiris. You may have to give the key to security as there will be lot of cars. If one doesn't want the car to be handled by security better stay away from that hotel. What ramjn mentioned will be a better option.
  3. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Seems to be very good. But Rooms are not available on the dates we are going. Checked it out just now.

Oh is it so? Then, I suppose I have to finalize with Lakeview resort. I will call them now and ask for reservation procedures for the cottage.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    You can check this - Although expensive it has good reviews. Hotel Lakeview isn't that good compared to Twin Trees or other resorts I've stayed around Ooty. The only advantage I see is the parking space is available, however the rooms are pretty okay-ish acccording to me. If you can try Twin tree - the food there is awesome.

Ramesh - It's all changed now may be - I didn't like the quality of sleep there.
  5. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Thank you !! Which type of booking is better?

Booking through makemytrip.com or directly communicating with hotel authorities?
    makemytrip is around Rs 400 cheaper than the quotation given by hotel people.
    That is not a big amount but still asking for a better advice !!
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ha ha ha. How can you sleep well being one of organizer of the meet? No way. :)
    1 person likes this.