1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A trip to Malvan in Punto

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sungoa2010, Nov 14, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks. That is a lovely place with sea on one side and backwaters on other side. We went in evening so Dolphin was out of station:D With only one day in hand we missed many things but that is good I can make one more trip.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ sungoa, Nice pics and thanks for sharing. Even I hadnt heard of this place before. Can add to my 'To see' list :up
    1 person likes this.
  3. Master and a master piece... Wonderfull pic.
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks. It worth for a visit.

Thanks lot for your appreciation.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Near the border the construction work is in progress. But one side is used by vehicles in both directions which is decent.
    Some places there were sudden height difference between two surfaces and advised to travel slowly. Also there are small stones lying on road
    which can cause oil leakage if hit forcefully. So I was very cautious of driving slowly and not giving quick acceleration
    even in first gear on those roads.Road condition of sawantwadi Ghat section is OK thanks to the rough road
    for better grip. It is highly dangerous portion of highway with two very sharp hairpin turns. Once the Ghat
    is over the road till sawanthwadi town is very narrow.Overtaking should be done very carefully. After sawanthwadi the road condition is good. Those roads are better enjoyable with sedate driving than racing. Mansoon time is ideal time to travel in this route. Some portions soon after sawanth wadi the road condition is bad for very small region. Soon after sawanthwadi one can see a right turn which goes to Kolhapur(this was supposed to be very good with excellent ghat sections)

Sawantwadi Ghat road
    DSC02703.JPG

Kudal junction. Turn left(SH118) to Malvan
    DSC02704.JPG

My good friend Garmin guiding me correctly
    DSC02705.JPG

Here is one unexpected place that was so beautiful. Punto simply stopped there for a photo shoot.
    DSC02706.JPG

DSC02707.JPG

DSC02708.JPG

DSC02709.JPG

DSC02710.JPG

5 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Some more pictures
    DSC02711.JPG

Nature's best designer had already started his work.
    DSC02713.JPG

View from a village tea shop
    DSC02714.JPG

A small worship place below the tree
    DSC02715.JPG

There is no water supply. This poor man has to carry water from nearby well
    DSC02716.JPG

2 people like this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You are maintaining the beauty really well. I always felt that red, being a non-metallic color, is difficult to maintain. Your car is an exception!

The display is slightly different in my Garmin Nuvi 40 device. It shows information such as distance to travel, appx arrival time, elevation, and current speed in one column on the right side of the screen.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Top left side shows distance to next turn. Total distance is missing. Arrival time is displayed on bottom left and current speed on bottom right. It is shoing zero since I stopped the vehicle. I may have to explore more settings. In Ghat section the device is pretty useful to get a feeling of curves much ahead. So even if there is no signboard one can manage. At night it is a boon.

There was an interesting incidenthappened. After travelling 10 kms Garmin asked me to take a right turn but the actual road was straight. After travelling few meters I got a doubt and asked few local people and got the route confirmed.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    May be there is some setting for shortest route or avoidances, so the device is showing some alternative route :) It has only artificial intelligence, no human intelligence!
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Here is a video of one beautiful section of SH118.

1 person likes this.