1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A trip to Malvan in Punto

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sungoa2010, Nov 14, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    When life starts getting monotonous and heart starts obeying the orders of brain one need a break to save the heart from the intrusion of brain in its territory. So we decided to retire from our daily routine works and thought of a trip in our 2 year old punto which was ready for a pleasure drive after his 3rd service. And two days of Diwali holidays was a perfect time for a trip. We want to go to a place which can be covered in a 4-5 hours of drive. We started searching for some place suitable for our trip. The places in list were Gokak, Murudeswar and Hubli. Murudeswar dropped since I was skeptical about the road condition. Hubli need a much more longer stays and I found it is too late to plan a trip to Hubli in Diwali time. One of my colleague suggested me about Malvan the land of beaches with crystal clear water and less crowded and less exploited unlike the popular destinations in Goa. So here starts the travelogue,

A trip to Malvan
    in Punto

DSC02881.JPG

8 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great start, Sun. I never heard of Malvan. My list of places to be visited keeps growing and growing.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Ramesh. Malvan is definitively a good place to visit if one loves beaches and good food. I will try to give a flavour of it in my travelogue. I am facing some problem to upload the files. Even a 114KB file is not getting uploaded. Looks my connection problem. Will post the pictures whenever connection is fast.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Snorkeling kiya kya?

How was the food? Even I also visited Malvan last year in last monsoon and it was wonderful experience.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. How much far is it from goa???cant wait to read rest of the travelogue...
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    [table="width: 500"]

Route

Vasco-Panjim-Sawanthwadi-Kudal-Malvan

Distance
    138 kms

Road condition
    NH 17(NH 66) till kudal which is in good condition and SH 118 from kudal.
    First 12 kms is very bad and rest of te portion(20 kms is in good condition
    Time taken
    4 hours with stops in between. Can be covered in 3 hours if driven continuously.
    [/tr]
    [/table]

@Kedar : Food was excellent. Some of the places we get homely food and they are too fresh and tasty.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Moderators, I am not able to upload photos. Always getting 'waiting for reply' , 'requesting teamfiat....' Yesterday tried 2 hours and could upload only one photo. Today morning 4 : tried till 6 AM. Couldn't upload a single photo. Even after reducing the size to 64KB I couldn't upload. Same thing happened at 9:15 AM. Please help.
    -sunil
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Strange. I was able to upload the photos even with size of around 500k.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i stayed there in GOD's garden in Devbag after crossing tarkarli,totally homely atmosphere... food also was good....
    Have you been to Nivthi Killa(Fort),Dolphin Point,Devbag river Sangam and how was fibre boat safariii....
    Have you found the glittering sand ? one of the clean beach i have ever seen :)

280120121002.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    3 people like this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Punto had a Full tank of petrol on previous day at Karma Auto Park(IOC) for Rs.1690 @ 56.52 per L which turns out to be 29.91L. The needle was perfectly lying on the last mark. Checked the fluid level and tyre pressure corrected to 32 PSI with nitrogen. We started at 6 AM in the morning. The ODO was reading 11006 and trip A set to zero as usual. The destination is Malvan and the route planned is Home-Panjim-Sawanthwadi-kudal-Malvan. Till kudal it is NH 66(NH17) and from there SH 118. The mornng was super silent and 1.4 Fire engine started pulling the massive punto against the cool breeze.

On the way before reaching Panjim
    DSC02687.JPG

Another one on Goan part of NH17. The road was looking so nice in morning
    DSC02688.JPG

Face to face (Sun vs Sun)
    DSC02689.JPG

Stopped for a short break. My Son was exited
    DSC02690.JPG

Road ahead
    DSC02691.JPG

Hiding sun
    DSC02692.JPG

Looking back

DSC02694.JPG

Punto with his master
    DSC02701.JPG

- - - Merged Post - - -

Problem is resolved. With my netconnect + it is working now. So the problem was with the home network connection. Thanks
    11 people like this.