1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Tractor, Turbo Tractor and a Jet - Trip to Munnar

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by teky, May 20, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Wow, Nice pictures of the Beauties and the place is also awesome,
    Great Meet..............
  2. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Oh No...

Oh my God.. Is that pic creating a controversy?? I also have TFI sticker in the Front Windshield.. Didnt mean to offend any one by putting that pic here.. just that the pic was taken and posted.. so.. take it easy guys pls:)

Sathya
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Just kidding Satya. Never mind the sicker, car is a Fiat and thats what matters....isn't it? By the way you forgot to cover the number plate of the white Linea in one of the pics.
  4. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Yes.. I know.. It just skipped my eyes.. :)
  5. Munnar is sure a lovely place to visit anytime during the year.
    3 Fiat'ians added more beauty to the hills.

Great going guys. You guys rock, as usual !
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Planning

This drive was something which was cooked up very shortly. There was a thread which was started for a Kolli Hills drive. We had a healthy number of participants it was decided to hit roads on 21 & 22. But as usual we had some drop-out's and the weather reports from Kolli Hills was discouraging. We had already paid advance for the Kolli Hills hotel though. After having serious discussion with various Chennai TFI'ans three of us decided for to hit some spot which should be cool.

We discussed over various spots ranging from Kodaikanal, Valparai etc. Finally it was decided to hit Munnar due to weather. Sathya_sc & ramjn had already visited the place whilst ramjn visited it a month ago. But these guys were happy - Great Spirit guys!

Location was finalized and now we needed to get the logistics arranged. Myself & Sathya worked close to 5 hours before finalizing and booking the hotel. We had a big list, anyone interested in Munnar can check these place out too

1.Abad Copper Castle
    2.Deshadan
    3. Edassery East End
    4. The Silver Tips
    5. Camelot

We finalized on Tea Valley since we couldn't find accommodation on the above listed hotels. We went through reviews at tripadvisor & travelguru before zeroing on this booking.

We also booked a room at Perry's in Karur en route for staying during the onward journey.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Route

The route was planned by ramjn. We choose the following routes

Onward - Chennai-->Perambalur-->Karur-->Udumalapet-->Munnar.

Return - Munnar -->Theni-->Madurai-->Trichy-->Chennai

Out of these roads, I would rate the return route the best. The roads were well tharred and the return section on the ghats had some absolute stunning corners enough to push the machine. The Onward Journey was really painful owing to us starting late and the road between Kulithalai and Karur is one of the worst thanks to road widening.

One route which impressed me though was the Bodi-->Theni-->Madurai, Fantastic tarmac and minimal traffic. Over the trip excepting for the Ghat sections we were able to maintain consistent speed between 80 - 120. The top speed achieved overall in the Trip was 200 Km/h, Thanks to some adrenaline rush driving from sathya_sc. The jet made us & ramjn really jealous and hopefully when Sathya upgrades to 1.9 or 1.6 MJD it should be our's

The overall mileage for the trip if I remember correctly is Sathya_SC - 10, ramjn - 15 and myself -17.
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Some Pictures

Collage of some Flora & of course my ride

Munnar.jpg

Munnar1.jpg
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Presenting you sandal wood smuggler Sathya. uploadfromtaptalk1306295261911.jpg

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  10. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Mr Teky.. Sandalwood Smuggler? I was simply shooting some baloons.. that too.. wasnt able to shoot even one.. Did you opt to shoot as well? I have to check my pics and post them if i have any... wait!