1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A tale of 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by sathishgv, Jun 27, 2011.

1. opendro

opendro Timido

Bangalore
    My power windows not working. It had given me troubles in the past too, but it got working after a while by itself or at times I had changed fuse at the service station.

Now, all four windows are not working and service says that I have to change the controller which will cost me 9.5K. Or change the relay which will cost me 450 only but rear right window will not work. Fortunately, my windows remained rolled up when this problem occurred. But driving on highway and opening doors in tool booths is a pain.

Anyone has tried aftermarket controllers?

2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Completed 65000 kms. :stig: and come this June my car will be completing 5 yrs.

My experience till now was like a roller coaster ride with many ups and downs, most of the ups being behind the wheel :smuggrin: and downs was with the power windows and the AC. Again, the cooling of my AC has come down. Can't tell whether it is because of the too much temperature outside. Anyway planning to get the AC system checked (gas filled only in February).
    PradeepM and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Initially was planning to do the servicing by self. I was planning to buy engine oils, coolants etc from 99rpm and do it myself. Now decided to take it to the SC, as I can hear some metal rolling sound on fully releasing the clutch in first gear and the car just starts to move. After the car starts moving this sound cannot be heard in other gears. So planning to do these following

1. Check clutch system
    2. Check Gear system
    3. Clean EGR valve
    4. General maintenance like, filter change, oil change etc.
    Deepak and PradeepM like this.
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Went to the service center today. Explained all the problems. Since I can manage to reach only by 11:00 a.m it was not possible to take delivery today itself. AC is not working. Refrigerant filled in Feb only. Now started to worry about the AC. The SA told that since the car is more than 5 yrs old, the cooling coil needs to be replaced. I told him why to replace if there is no leak in the coil. Planning to check the AC system outside. If there is leak in the coil then I will change it. The estimate of cooling coil is ~9-10k as per the SA. So, for now, told him to fill the refrigerant. Probably will go again tomorrow to take delivery if the car is ready.
    PradeepM and Deepak like this.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Got back my car today. All the issues resolved. The work done was

1. Door handles hard, now easy as before
    2. Engine oil, coolant, air filter, fuel filter changed.
    3. EGR cleaned.
    4. Clutch adjustment done
    5. Odo meter flashing rectified.
    6. Refrigerant filled.
    7. RR winder motor replaced.

Now I did not hear the sound while starting to move the car in first gear. Asked the SA about the cause, he said no work regarding that done. So, I suppose that the oil change might have solved the issue. Now, the car picks up nicely even from 4th gear. Don't know whether it is due to the EGR cleaning or the schedule maintenance of air filter, fuel filter etc. Enjoyed my 120+ kms back home from the SC reminding me of the time when the car was new. Now, cooling is back to normal. Need to see how long this gas top up lasts. If it does not last long then the next action would be to check the AC system for leak.

During the previous visit the ecu error was cleared using OBD scanner. From this forum learnt that the odo flashes if there is error in B&M. So, asked to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery and the odo flashing is now history. But the B&M is not working. Will try to disconnect and reconnect it as it was done previously.

After the clutch adjustment I am finding that the clutch is hard to press, especially at higher RPMs but at lower RPMs it is same as earlier. Will wait for some time. Is this something to worry?

Damage to the pocket was Rs. 11180/-

Another Happy servicing experience at Shree Barath motors, Bhubaneshwar
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016