1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A tale of 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by sathishgv, Jun 27, 2011.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    HALF THE PROBLEM SOLVED (for now)

So, in the evening after going home from office, I was very upset that I could not take my car for a planned trip during the puja holidays. I was desperate to solve the issues with the windows. At that time just a crazy thought came to my mind. Why not try the microsoft way of solving the problems :p. Took my tools and went to the car. Disconnected the negative of the battery and after counting for 10 secs then connected the battery again and tried to wind up the driver side windows first. Nothing happened. Again disconnected the battery and reconnected it after 10 secs. This time I tried to operate the co-passenger side windows and VOILA!!! it moved up and I closed it completely :happy:.

I was very happy and got more confident that I can solve the driver side window problem too. I tried operating the switches and when i tried to roll up the windows by lifting the switch i did not hear any sound from the relay but when i tried to press the switch i can hear sound from the relay. The I tried to lift the switch till I heard the relay sound and at some point the window started to roll up. May be the switch contacts were faulty. I again tried and closed the driver side windows completely. The next thing i did was to make sure that nobody operates those switches during my entire trip. So I put some paper under the switch so that it cannot the pressed and put tape above the switches so that it cannot be lifted.

During the trip, kids accidentally opened the passenger side window twice and the same was able to be closed. After coming back from the trip, yesterday I tried to operate the co-passenger side window from the driver side switches and it rolled down and up as usual. I have to check the driver side windows too but I will wait till the monsoon is completely over or when i am ready to take to the service center. Till then :joyful: driving.
    opendro likes this.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have completed 50000 kms and I did it in 3.5 yrs. Confused, whether to be happy or sad :confused:. Anyway I am happy that I did not regert on my choice till now.

50K kms.jpg

Now regarding the issue with the windows, I need to replace the controller unit as all the window glass are facing problems. Planning to take the car to the SC this sunday.
    pdash and ghodlur like this.
  3. Sudhi

Sudhi Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    She is a beauty!
    sathishgv likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @sathishgv

Congrats on reaching the 50K mark. You should of course be happy and in fact celebrate. This way you are giving back something to the car which has held you for so long.

Regarding the door switches, usually one fails and then rest of them start failing one after another. Hope the SC identifies the real root cause of such recurring issue.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur

You are right. That's why i am giving the car 3M external treatment on completing 50K kms. Going to take the vehicle back on this sunday and the car will hone a new front bumper ( I suppose), shiny exterior and trouble free window operation.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 20, 2015 ---
    Now come this june, my extended warranty expires :vamp:. Its time to start experimenting. Did anyone had success in activating cruise control in mjd?? ;)
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sathish,how are you?Glad to know that your car has completed 50,000 km.
    sathishgv likes this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you Sandipan da. I am fine how r u? Your advice to test drive Punto was a turning point in my car buying decision or else I would be a VW owner now.
    prabhjot and sandipan_r15 like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Satish,

Looking forward to some nice shots of the 90Hp after the 3M treatment.

Regarding cruise control, I remember there was a TFIian who had got the cruise control fitted in his Punto or Linea, dont remember the user name as he suddenly vanished form the forum one fine day. Better ask the Mods, @shams , @Ganges and the experts who can help you out further.

Edit: it was Patchyboy, check for his ownership thread or any related thread.

Check this link too, might help for the cruise control.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/cruise-control-for-fiat-punto.3409/
    sathishgv likes this.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Sathish.I am continuing the process of recommending FIAT.
    prabhjot and sathishgv like this.
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur , yeah I was associated with him and tried to enable cruise control in my car. He sort of guided me and answered my queries regarding that. Later he only mentioned that the MJD Indian made ECU does not have the circuit necessary for enabling CC. I think you must have missed my posts on the link you have given :smuggrin:
    PradeepM likes this.