1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A tale of 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by sathishgv, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It looks right side motor either needs replacement. Other thing could have been connection, but since you already tried dis-connecting and re-connecting, it is ruled out.
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Are you hearing the relay sound when using the power window switch ?
    AFAIK, there is a separate power window controller for front two windows and rear two windows. It either could be the winder motor or the Power window controller. I had mine changed and it costs somewhere around 11k I guess.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @GP_Freak, the power window controller, is it covered under warranty? 11K sounds too much. yes i hear some kind of sound when i operate the switch. A kind of tak tak sound when i pull the switch up and leave it down.
  4. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @sathishgv , yes, Mine was changed under warranty. The problem I was facing was unique and was pertaining to front left window only. The window goes up or down only during the second press of the Power window switch. Service centre guys were telling that it was normal. I said ok, then make all the other windows also to operate similarly like this or make this window proper like other three.

Then it took a week for the part to come and it was changed
    sathishgv likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Even I hear the tak tak sound when I try to operate the windows using the switches, i guess its the noise of the motor trying to operate when the glass is completely rolled up. I did read somewhere if you keep operating the motor even after the window is rolled up completely, the motor control begins to fail. With Fiat, it seems a reality with the quality of components being used.

I am sure the window motors will be replacable under warranty. I hope I am not mistaken.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur, the noise that you hear when the windows in fully rolled up is ok but in my case the glass in completely rolled down and when i am trying to roll it up also i can hear the noise. It must be the sound of the relay rather than the motor. I was going through the elearn and found that there is some weight sensor which prevents the window from rolling up if the weight is more than 7/8 kg. Anybody aware of this in Indian versions.
    Sapam likes this.
  7. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur ,@sathishgv - Typically there should be two noises. One from inside the cabin(I guess the Power window controller module is near the front co passenger area.) and other from to winder mechanism due to the operation of the motor. When windows are rolling we hear both the noise and when trying to close an already closed window, then we hear the relay sound. This is my understanding.

About the weight sensor, I have tried it a couple of times. When window was rolling up, I stopped it with my hand and it rolled down automatically. It happened once and other times, it just stopped where it met the force. But in implementation point of view, it will be more of an electrical load sensor and not physical load cell. The motor will draw more current when it is blocked.
    sathishgv likes this.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @GP_Freak, yes I think you are correct. I hear the noise from the co passenger area somewhere below the glove compartment. But why is that i am hearing the sound when i try to close the already open glass? Earlier I used to hear only the motor sound during normal operation.
  9. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Checked again today to confirm this on driver side window. The window is neither rolling down or stopping when using external force. So pls be careful.

Yes, you hear it from below glove compartment. I am not sure exactly what sound you are hearing when closing an open glass. But the relay operates all time when window buttons are pressed. Unless I specifically concentrate and hear, these sounds don't register I my mind :)
    sathishgv likes this.
  10. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat has not designed the motor to stop or work in reverse in case of any blockage in between. So it works even when we try to close and already close window glass.

That make the motor gears work harder resulting in sound that we hear. Fiat should work upon pinch guard feature for our as well as motor safety. I am afraid of kids hand if it comes in between when I roll up.
    sathishgv likes this.