1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A tale of 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by sathishgv, Jun 27, 2011.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks kedar bhai :-D. But batterybhai does not have service in odisha :sad1.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ohh thats so sad buddy.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    For past one week i am not getting the check air bag message. Don't know the reason:confused: but surely get the battery checked the next time i visit the SC
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Updating the 90 hp tale!

Last sunday went to the service centre for replacing the glow plug and also for checking the AC. Glow plug replaced under warranty. AC could not be checked as they said that they need a full day time for removing the dashboard, so postponed it. During the service the guys noticed the leak from the under body. Leak was there from two places. one at the turbo pipe and the other in the oil sump. The oil sump had some dents too. Since i have some more time for replacing the oil i said that i will attend to these jobs later as i will be replacing the oil prematurely.

The leak from the sump is at the sides, the service guys said that the alignment might have got disturbed when the oil sump got hit. I think i managed to damage the oil sump during the weekend short trip to kapilash in the end of december. Moreover i am not loosing oil level so i think i can wait.

I dont understand the leak from the exhaust pipe into the turbo. Oil is leaking from that pipe and i dont see any difference in pick up etc. Its just that oil stains are found in the exhaust pipe and the oil source can be traced back to the exhaust pipe to the turbo. Since i did not have the camera with me i don't have a clear photo. Managed to take a snap with my camera and that too without flash so its hard to understand the exact arrangement.

IMG_20140112_105331.jpg
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Now a days i am hearing some sound similar to that of a steamer boat during idling and it disappears once the car starts to move. Initially it was only for some seconds but lately it seems to persist as long as the car is not moving. This sound can be heard only when the car is idling, either in the neutral without the clutch pedal pressed or in gear with the clutch pressed. Any idea about the possible causes?
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Its time for me to change the batteries as i frequently get the check air bag message. Next i need to change my tyres as i am planning for a long drive this may. Lastly i am thinking of changing my stock bulbs. Hunting has already began for these items. Will soon post some choices to find out the best. Meanwhile, please give some suggestions to help me choose the best.

Thanks in advance.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Announcing the result of the hunt for tyres. "APOLLO ACELERE" it is.

Regarding bulbs there is fierce competition between OSRAM NB+ and Philips XV. Some guys are complaining about the NB+ in rain and fogs. But i think i don't have to worry about the fog as i have fog lamps ;) or am i missing some point?. .

Regarding battery i have not started the search but availability wise its Exide as it is the only battery that is available at my place.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For bulb upgrade, if you doing lots of highway trip, get 100/90 bulb installed, with relay.
    For city, even stock bulbs are ok. NB+ or XV will give just little more light.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I will not say that i do lot of highway trips but i can say for sure that i don't do much of city driving. To drive in my nearest city i have to go 140 kms. Thank you Ravi for your quick reply. I was searching for a better light because of my upcoming long trip to Gangtok otherwise I always drive with low beam and fog lights to increase the light. How about switching the bulbs as per requirement? Can the stock bulbs be used on the relay if I go for 100/90W?
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    As Ravi said, NB+ just gives marginal difference. I am using it for last 1 year. I have observed that low beam is little better with NB+ but the high beams were better with stock bulbs. also the light is little whitish with NB+