1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Successful migration from 1.2 Emotion Punto to 90HP Diesel Punto Abarth.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by kedarbendre, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    See my signature :D
    As Kiran mentioned Avs db and my 02 industries best tires are on my ride.Size 195 65 15.
    Italia linea should be the best reviewer for MY02.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  2. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Kedar, It's been the same journey even when I have started with my 90hp and so far I have completed 43000 kms. From day one I have been on Yokohama S-Drives (205/55 R15) as I didnt like Good year GT3's which came along with the car so which I have got exchanged. They gave me a good grip even when they are at 40000kms mark. But one thing you have to live with is Tyre noise due to extreme grip and side tire wall compound is hard enough so dont fear about taking sharp curves even at 100 speed. Trust me I have hit 180+ speeds at great pace on this tyres and the confidence they gave me is just amazing. One thing I didnt like about them is ground clearance being compromised and I had to literally slow down for even small hump as it used to pass "Thud" sounds more evitable in Cabin.Best part is my stepine is still unused which I have used it once recently before changing of my tires as I got a puncture untill. The entire journey on S-drives was just 2 punctures that too minor ones which I got them fixed by driving through to local tyre shop.

Recently after lot of research I have upgraded to 205/60 Yokohama V550 db Series and trust me its a heavenly feeling which I cant say by words. They are soft compound tyres and the upsizing gave me so much confidence I can zip through any dirt or pot hole track on easy without feeling much "Thuds" anymore. If you were in Hyderabad I would have let you felt it :). So my suggestion give it a shot and you wont regret. I have ordered them on "Snapdeal" for 23400 after discount for set of 4 tyres. I have been quoted for same tyres from yokohama dealer for 26300. Thats my 2cents to add. Hope it will help you take a wise decision.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    205 60 15 :-/ isnt it touch the inner walls of fender when you cross path holes & while taking you turn.

I am bit curious about it. Please share your experience.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  4. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    So far I havent faced any wheel arches issues even on full turns or crossing over huge Pot holes, it's just a myth that everyone feels it may foul wheel arches, but one thing is sure if you go for 195/65 it will defiantly foul arches and the same has been confirmed by few folks in Wheel alignment centers.

I have personally spoke to Folks in Yokohama based at Hyderabad and after calculations, they confirmed 205/60 is apt for Punto. Even I see many TFI'ans are on 205/60 profile using Yokohama ES 100 probably they can also add their views. I didnt wanted to go for sporty patterns due to road noise hence avoided ES 100 else it would have been a ideal choice for budget. Hope it helps.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    If you are complaining about road noise on S drives then ES 100 will deafening. There are many members here who are running on 195/65s in their puntos and they haven't complained so far.
  6. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Yes Kiran thats the only reason I didn't wanted to go for any sporty patterns as I was more inclined to "Comfort" this time than looks. It took me some days to adopt to new looks of my car as I got much used to that "Wider-Fattier" tires which used to attract lot of attention where ever I go, and everyone like :eek: and asks about mileage drop, I never faced any change in mileage figures as in city I always get 16 to 17.5 kmpl based on my driving style.

I'm adding photos of my Yoko v550 Db 205/60 Profile pics to this post so you can have visual compare of how it looks.
    20131207_122758.jpg
    20131207_122803.jpg
    20131207_122915.jpg
    20131207_122923.jpg
    20131207_123012.jpg
    20131207_123036.jpg
    20131207_123052.jpg
    20131207_123116.jpg

Below Pics of my Yoko 205/55 S-Drives
    Anand_Cover.jpg
    DSC_0445.jpg
    IMG_0313.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Thedrifter

Is your Punto is with raised ground clearance?

8. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    No I havent got ground clearance kit. With the increased 205/60 I didnt see any need for ground clearance kit, trust me after tire upgrade I feel myself as if ground clearance kit has been installed, there is considerable amount of clearance, this is evident while I get out of my apartment ramp, earlier i had to be dead slow else my bumper used to get scraped, but now I can get down flawlessly which is great sigh of relief :)
  9. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    U can also try maxxis tyres... I switched from yoko's 205/55 to maxxis. From my point of view yokos are soft and comfortable .. They didn't last long on my ride, my be I was riding rough.. Now coming to maxxis they are cheap greater grip.. Even better then yoko .. They are hard so ride feels bumpy.. Less wear nd tear.. So they will last long.. I will suggest to think about maxxis too...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank you all.

I will stick to stock size and wont be getting 205 profile.

MY02 is not available in Pune probably in India. Another option is Michelin Energy XM2 and Maxxis.

Tarun can you please suggest a Maxxis tyre for Punto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.