1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Successful migration from 1.2 Emotion Punto to 90HP Diesel Punto Abarth.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by kedarbendre, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Every car companies have their own design and technique. FIAT has taller gear ratios hence feels sliggish in first gear cause you will never cross 40kmph when you are in 1st gear.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Enki yes thats very true. I noticed this with my co passengers.

Yes that was wise decision and I am just enjoying the beast.
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys : Please stay on topic. This is a review thread. Do not understand why Ritz, Gear Ratios, Night driving etc are being discussed
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I'm sorry, i dont understand.why restrict only to reviews??
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thomas the reasons behind this may be:

We have dedicated threads for night driving, gear ratios and Non FIAT cars.
    This thread was hijacked for such discussion.

I hope this clarifies everything :up
  5. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Because this is the "review" section wherein the owner posts experiences of his own car. The intention is to discuss the CAR only and not anything else.

This is the norm followed on all automotive forums and is derived more out of common sense than anything else.

No further discussion on this topic please. Off-topic posts will be deleted.

Thanks
    2 people like this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Here are some pics of mileage miracle in Kolhapur to Pune trip.

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    My car is with Xpress Autoshine Autocare at Kalyaninagar Pune for full interiors cleaning with Complimentory car wash. The package is for Rs. 1150.

It is located in Parking Plaza of Gold Adlabs and their another branch is in Parking of Inorbit Mall, Viman Nagar. Currently they have introductory offer to wash the car for Rs. 199 :-D

I spoke to Mr. Vijay Shetty owner of this Car spa about discount for our Forum members from Pune and he is happy to offer some discount to our members. I will cascade the information by end of the day.
    1 person likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I just visited the detailing shop and 70% work has been completed. The car looks brand new from inside and I am happy

I was surprised that he was using Meguires detailing products and now I strongly recommend this detailing shop for our TFI members from Pune. Guys do visit this place as its better option to 3M.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I guess all these relevant gear ratios that has seen the competition do well in India will be coming with the new upgrade launches from FIAT for the Punto and Linea. Actually FIAT got handcuffed with their old gear boxes (Palios) which they are using in the current models. Their new gearbox which went through extensive testing was ready by 2012 and this box architecture allows them to have a very flexible gear ratios according to the market and needs. I am sure they will have known by now how the marutis are tuned. Most probably these changes would come in the Punto EVO in 2014 and the Linea revamped.

The above is my observation from previous informations which I had known of.

Abdul

Abdul
  10. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Stay on topic guys. No comparisons in this thread. Strictly a review thread only
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.