1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Successful migration from 1.2 Emotion Punto to 90HP Diesel Punto Abarth.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by kedarbendre, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ritz Diesel is 74 bhp
    1 person likes this.
  2. Punto 90HP accelerates from any speed provided you are in right rpm range and right gear...with 4 passengers sitting at the back,boot fully loaded with luggage it easily kept a fortuner and many other cars behind and over some really long distances(at speed I dont want to disclose).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ritz is 75bhp and 190nm torque. Lighe weight and short gear ratios of Ritz makes it quicker. But the soft suspension setup is very risky to drive Ritz at high speeds.

Ganges may be the tyre pressure of your car was the culprite for slower acceleration. This time I drove with 34psi and it worked well.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Guys if it's Ritz with diesel then definitely it is running with Fiat's engine. :) So why bothered.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Rishi shorter gear ratios for MSIL's diesel cars work very efficiently and it is very useful for quick acceleration. :up for that.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    all were set with 30psi and two people onboard.
    My rear tires gt3 are 56000 Kms old.

Ego matters :D while such race.
    no matter how much we control,speed thrills,but it ?
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Yes Ego matters but we need to very careful in such races and sometimes need to backout due to rash driving of opponent drivers.

30 psi is too low as recommended tyre pressure is 32psi. I think thats the culprit.
    1 person likes this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Then why Fiat is not using this technique on Puntos & Lineas for greater accelerations??

Because MSIL uses FIAT's heart & running grater. :( & the true FIATians are suffered.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ganges, please avoid such things during long drives. I know you are in tank but first is safety :)

[/QUOTE]Ego matters :D while such race.
    no matter how much we control,speed thrills,but it ?[/QUOTE]

Dude for ego, FIATans stands very far from any other hatches :)
    You are in the 'Lubi race ka ghoda', which never races with the small cats & dogs :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

The surge/pick up & a mild push into the seat is so clearly felt when you suddenly throttle the paddle @150km/hr (even when fully loaded). Not only driver, but passengers too who suddenly stops conversing & starts staring you like "what the hell do you want:mad:".

So you are having some good time after trading your 1.2 Punto with 90 HP. It must have been worth!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rishi,
    During long drives you need such kind off energetic push to cover rest of the KMS.otherwise you will feel sleepy.i prefer night travels than day travel
    Trust me this works.

- - - Merged Post - - -

only we know about that Ghoda "The horse" rest all know that its only the FIAT's.
    unless and untill you overtake with puff of dust, others will never know about the ghoda :D
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.