1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Successful migration from 1.2 Emotion Punto to 90HP Diesel Punto Abarth.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by kedarbendre, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Amar what do you mean by re-stickable? You dont need to buy a new sticker after waxing or washing and how many times you will repaint your car.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Don't do engine flush etc. Only tasks which are mentioned backside of service coupons. Modern engines do not need any 'Desi' remedies. These types of 'desi' tricks may be harmful. Because when you flush the engine thin film of engine oil disppear & because of extensive flush you have to be careful at the time of refilling engine oil.In normal oil change we don't make any flushes. So little qty.of old engine oil remains in the engine which is useful.After flushing you will have to put 3.5 ltrs. engine oil to match the level of dipstick.After engine flush if a absent minded TATA guy put 3.2 Ltrs oil then engine may face low oil level.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can anybody confirm whether putting 3.2 liter engine oil lead to low engine oil levels (i.e. oil level below minimum mark on dipstick) instead of 3.5 liter after engine flushing?
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As per my info engine flush means to wash out existance of old engine oil.So after flushing, there is not a single drop of oil. That's why after flushing 3.5 ltrs is necessary. FIAT has mentioned in the service manual also.This thing is mentioned in manual of Pulsar 220 also. Regular oil change is 1100 ml.At engine overhaul / first time oil refilling oil capacity is 1200 ml.

Mods Note - Do not use insensitive comparisons in posts. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yashik bai ji, just put in 3.2 litres. If needed top up later on. It's easier to add oil than to remove excess of it ! :)

Cheers.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Precisely. Moreover, in my experience, the volume of oil between max and minimum oil levels at dipstick is around 500ml (at least), not just 300ml.

Even our old M800 has 350-400ml oil between max and minimum. It looses around 250ml every month and we never see any low oil warning.
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Hey kedar, what happened with your blue & me box? Is it working now? Did your odo stoped blinking? What was the issue?
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Tron I didnt visit SC. I cancelled my service appointment from 6th Jan to 4th Jan so I will raise this issue in my second servicing.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Update:

2nd Servicing Done

Total Bill was Rs. 5000.

Now
    Engine is silent than before.
    Pick is great in all gears.

I gifted her Black Roof to my Punto, I will upload pics very soon.
    2 people like this.
  10. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

So the black roof is one of the major mod on your Punto...what's next?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.