1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Successful migration from 1.2 Emotion Punto to 90HP Diesel Punto Abarth.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by kedarbendre, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ kedar

On which bunk you are refilling your 90 HP ? Tell me. It's very urgent. I don't have your cell No.
    So Mail me on pulsarbhai@rediff.com or call me on my cell.

Because performance of my 90 HP has been decresed due to 3rd class quality of fuel. I tried both bunks near Blue Diamond.

But no use.I am getting the same experience "loss of power & absense of low end torque" :A
    which I was getting on my old FGT.

When I press throttle , only RPM rises but no rise in torque (pulling power)
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Uh oh. Oh no. Again?
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think FIAT cars are unlucky for me. Or Red color is unlucky for me.

FGT used for 50000 Km. Satisfaction got only for 3000 Km
    VGT used for 3500 KM. Satisfaction got only for 2000 Km.

I lost total money of 13 lakhs but could not got happiness of award winning MJD.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Amol I am refilling Diesel in my 90HP, Indian Oil Petrol Pump, near Gunjan Theatre, Yerwada and a HP Petrol Pump near IBM Phursungi, Near my home. I never faced these kind of issues.

@Gurjinder

Is it advisable to add some extent of Engine oil in fuel tank. One of my friend suggested me to do that.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No, not in our modern engines. They are perfectly suitable for Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel. ULSD does not have the lubricating properties to the extent that the older diesel had.

The older diesels can do with some amount of engine oil once in a while. I mix around 400ml of engine oil in a full tank of diesel in our Palio D once in say 5-6 months. And a bit more than that in the Toyota engined Ford that we have. These engines were not designed keeping ULSD in mind. So they can use a bit of extra lubrication once in a while (to their fuel pumps, injectors etc), but not regularly ( that'll lead to excessive carbon build up).

Cheers.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Update:

Completed 12k yesterday. I am experiencing Black Smoke from silencer issue.

I had a trip to my native place, I noticed that whenever I rev hard in 2nd and 3rd gear a large amount of black smoke coming out from my cars silencer. What will be the problem? I do understand that, we should expect some amount of smoke from Diesel Engine.
  7. @Kedar,
    nothing to worry its basically air supply to burn the fuel, its will be good to switch to Green cotton air filter as you can rev hard without the black smoke. Paper air Filter can`t stop this smoking issue.
    Just try to google about air filer you will get your answer.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Drive_drift thanks for the information. Does the changing air filter will void the warrenty.
  9. no chance. but you never know if SA or SE (Service engineer) is bad in mood.
    the best what you can do, don`t throw the OEM air filer and use the new cotton filer, when ever your visiting TASS just change the Filter to OEM, and give the car for servicing and tell them not to change the Air filer.

Or
    Try to get SE in your confidence(be friendly) tell him that your using some air filer and no need to change the Air filer for servicing.
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    hi guys, i don't want to bash anyone on any topic here but kedar personally i feel that if you are looking to keep your car for little longer period, then stick to stock filter. If you are willing to play with your car with short owning period then you should look for these options.
    If you ask me about black smoke i will say its normal.
    Here is a trick to get rid of it. I noticed that if we drove for a week sedately, carbon diposition occurs in our exhaust. After that When we rev hard till 3.5k/4k RPM car throws out black smoke.
    But once you rev hard for 3/4 times, black smoke effectively get reduced.
    What we see is all diposited carbon from exhaust coming out on hight revs.
    On Every weekend i rev my MJD really hard & i could see that big cloud of black smoke. But after 3/4 strocks it gets vanished. That force of exhaust gas kick-out the diposition. Try it out & let me know if it works or not.
    @Drift_drive buddy sorry if i offended your suggestion, noting personal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.