1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Successful migration from 1.2 Emotion Punto to 90HP Diesel Punto Abarth.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by kedarbendre, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thanks ramjn for the information.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i agree..with u .......for past few days i been researching by driving at different speeds on my way to office..and ic shows best at 75-80 km/hr.. and also 4th gear to shows mileage if ur moving below
    60km/hr..
    best minimize use of 1st 2nd 3rd..the are guzzlers..

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

have u guys thought of changing the stock head unit without compromising Blue & Me.. i really dont like the music system.. i would like to change to a lcd display unit.. any luck..!?!
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

2011-11-11 10.35.16.jpg 2011-11-10 18.39.01.jpg

guys how is it..!!

Still a few more things to do..
    The black vinyl on the lower bottom needs a few more cleaning up..and the the white stripes towards the ends to be longer..
    Abarth badge for front and rear..
    Colouring the wheels to gunmetal
    adding white checks to roof..or may go for black.
    Orvm in white
    grill and fog lamps in black
    i also gave a black outline to the tail lights..
    1 person likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow

Red looks more sportier than white :-(

thomman85 I am going to steal your Idea to use vinyl on lower bottom. :) Where are you from? City?

Please upload a clear picture from side view. I want to see how that strip looks on front bumper.

Go for Black Roog dont use White Check.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The graphics look good. Your "Gunmetal coloring" caught my interest? Is this easily doable, how would the quality be, would the color last?
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

thanks.......
    I'm from kerala...
    I was quite surprised when u dint go for the front stripes...
    I need to do some more job on the from.. Coz the stripes does't start from the fog lamp..

And if ur doing the black vinyl.. Then make sure u stay and watch.. Otherwise they will mess it up, i was in the office when they did that part.. I gave black all around the car..
    I will upload more pic..only tomorrow.. Coz i have given my car for servicing..
    P.JPG
    something like this on the roof...
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

in my home own the is a dude who does modifications and opened a garage only for that..
    He quoted 900/wheel and said it will take two days..
    I have seen other cars in his garage with stock alloys painted and quality is good.. And the colour will last as long as it doesnt get scratched..

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    na.. I do like white..as well..only trouble is keeping it clean.. Its as hard to maintain red..a lesson learned.

Punto stands out in white, red and blue.. But the blue in europe is hotter..

From my experience.. I say.. U paint THE BOTTOM BLACK.. Its really difficult to get the finish we want IN VINYL..OR IF U STILL WANT VINYL..SIT WITH THEM AND TELL THEM HOW AND WHAT TO DO..OTHER WISE THEY WILL MESS IT UP..AND WON''T BE NEAT.. I may paint it..sooner or later..
    As ur goin to paint ur roof.. Do this together..
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Update:

On 28th Nov my baby will be 4 months old and I completed 11k mark on odo. :)

Few Observations:

Engine is smoother now and fuel efficient too.
    Pick up is awsome in all gears than before
    Engine noise came down and which is negligible for Diesel Engine.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

As she completed 11k on ODO I gifted her a Puntos P Emblame. I pasted it on extreme left side of the dashboard. Photos coming soon.
  9. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Good to see your car getting better!

where did you get the P emblem from?

10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Shashanknathani (TFI member from Delhi) came to Pune on last weekend. I asked him to get one Punto Emblem for me, out of 5 letters I used Letter P. :)
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.