1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Successful migration from 1.2 Emotion Punto to 90HP Diesel Punto Abarth.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by kedarbendre, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Kedar!! I missed reading this post. Almost a year back I also hit a telephone post and a small dent was on the corner above the bumper and below the tail lights, dont remember how much I paid but TASS did a good job of fixing the dent and repainting it.

My personal opinion is to go for Matte Black paint.

TASS make money from extra works like these, best is to get it done from a good painter from outside. Will cost you 1/3 of what TASS quotes you. Its upto you as to where you want to get the job done from.

Too costly.. Just to remove some scratches from the back corner bumper, TASS quoted me 1500/- and I got it done from a local painter for 500/- and he did a great job.

I agree with drarvind.. I also vote for paint.

PAINT..... :)

Sorry.... both to be counted out, only paint is accepted.. If vinyl not stuck properly then you will repent for not accepting our views..... just kidding.

For spoilers and lesser areas... carbon vinyl, 3D Vinyl will look good but not for a vast area as the roof.... chances are paint may peel off and like Gurji said... even if paint gets peeled off, we still can paint it black...... ;)
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thanks guys.....one more point is that, the workshop where I did the repair job for the bumper that fellow quoted me Rs. 4000 to paint the roof in glossy paint. I think 4k is quite acceptable. What say? But he said you have to drop the car at bodyshop for 2 days....:(
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try and make sure it's done in a proper paint booth, our els the finish might not b all tht great. Try bringing pandit to a lower cost if possible, but do get it done from there If u want desired results.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    What is ''glossy'' paint kedar bhai?

Any black topcoat with a coat or two of clear lacquer will be glossy n shiny if done right. And 8000rs for that is really $$$.
  5. kedar bhai,
    roof is a very critical area.so whatever u do with it,be it paint or vinyl,its going to ruin the roof.in my car,roof had a dent,had to be repainted.so i went for the vinyl as my roof had already lost its glory.My painter advised me to go for paint as he himself was not ok with paint(he does the best finish in chennai AFAIK).he said go for vinyl.So my vote is for vinyl.But it should be glossy black and not matte black for the roof.Carbon on the roof is not a bad idea either.The pics show my friends i20 with carbon fibre vinyl on the roof.and this is the same material used on ma cars hood.see the texture.this was not clearly seen in any of ma car pics.i hope seeing this texture people start liking it.

184770_10150102347762861_787657860_6378847_4209900_n.jpg

206692_10150140104032515_640787514_6371806_153233_n.jpg
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay guys I am getting attracted towards carbon fiber vinyl.
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My vote goes for super glossy carbon fibre vinyl ....

PS - u can apply clear coats on the CF vinyl , to give more glossy look + to protect it from chipping !!!!
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sure I will go ahead with carbon fiber vinyl.....& will apply lackar (clear ) coat to give more glossy look as well for the protection :)
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kedar bhai, if you want to apply a clear coat over the vinyl make sure the vinyl's surface is suitable to be clear coated.

Clear coat does not stick well to very smooth surfaces. Rougher surfaces are perfect. An experienced painter will be the best judge.

Cheers
  10. my cars hood carbon fibre after half hour of polishing.take a look.people who dint like the CF on ma punto s hood.u really have to take a look at this.

302988_2580902847016_1387772134_33027477_1400930637_n.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.