1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Successful migration from 1.2 Emotion Punto to 90HP Diesel Punto Abarth.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by kedarbendre, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Kedar ,

Check out the link below . This guy is from pune and he does paintless dent repair and its a "at your door step" service.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/49454-paintless-dent-repair-5.html
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Gautam thanks for the link.

Yesterday I took my car to Pandit Bodyshop at SahkarNagar and as expected they refused to repair the car. The reason was Diwali holidays from Wednesday. IMO they had 3 days in their hand & they had to accept the car for repair job.

Then I went to the Poona Motors (An Accessory Shop at Pool Gate, Pune). He also has a bodyshop at Marketyard (Gate no. 2, Dead End). The fellow did a fantastic job & took only 15 mins to repair the car. The dent is gone now and he did a brushup work for bumper. He charged me Rs. 500 only. :wow. :dance

Got a relief now.
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I'm not sure whether one can see the punto very clearly but it reminded me of Kdar Bhai's punto! :)

Photo2446.jpg
    kedarbendre likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay Jishnu thats true...he also has the original FIAT Graphics....which costs near about Rs. 3000. (not sure).

Guys I am totally confused if I paint the roof in Glossy Black or not...... :confused please help.

1) I park my car in open parking space. As of now I dont have covered parking.
    2) They are going scrap all the original white color of roof and going to repaint it with the Black Color. I have doubt about the quality of paint job. If something goes wrong in future (ex. peeling of paint, getting fade) that what will be the option.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

If you are going for paint, but have doubts about the paint quality - try to talk to some people who have got pain job done from them. Make sure you hand over to only a reputed paint house - it is an ungainly sight to have bubble formations etc on a freshly painted surface.

I think a wrap\vinyl will be better because these are reversible.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Going to a reputed workshop would rescue you from all your above concerns. With the likes of autopsyche, pandit., patel auto one is bound to get excellent service without any real hassles or issues in the long run. But they might be on the expensive side compared to the usual market but far more peace of mind as compared.
    Pandit. here in delhi qouted me 15k for the gloss finish on the roof(black) along with front grills, sides handles, ovrm's(gunmetal).

@kdar : Good enough to give a thumbs up. U cant find a better price to result ratio. Don even bother considering any other local workshops if tht price is quoted. Go ahead and all the best
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Pandit quoted me Rs. 8000 to paint roof in Glossy Black color is it ok???
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    too costly i must say. why dont you go for a carbon black smallest textured vinyl?
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Italia-Linea you mean to the carbon fiber which I used for my cars spoiler???

If I use vinyl and in future if I want to remove that vinyl, is it possible to remove or it will damage the paint?
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If it damages the paint, then you can go for your original plan- painting it black.:devilface

The originality will be lost in either case.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.