1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Successful migration from 1.2 Emotion Punto to 90HP Diesel Punto Abarth.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by kedarbendre, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Black smoke coming from Silencer of my car. What to do? Why this is happening to me?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kedar bhai chill. Its a diesel. A bit of smoke at acceleration or when lugging is perfectly normal and not a cause to worry about. Try to drive it in the powerband and not lug the new engine.

Enjoy the 90.
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    hey kedar im dying to see your punto.! as my collage is just on so cant plan a puna trip. So you make a trip to mumbai,by this reason you can have a long drive with your beauty! Hehe lolzz...:p
    But i must say you have done a real clear & neat job!
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    1) Check the fuel quality

2) small amount of black smoke at sudden-high acceleration is allowed.

3) For confirming this tell anyone to hold the engine RPM @4000 RPM constantly.

At constant RPM car should not smoke.
    If the car is smoking on medium acceleration then you have to worry. Otherwise not.
    Arjunbhargava likes this.
  5. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Congratulation on your new ride....Kedar bhai, ur ride is just cool....can you share with me the vector file for abarth side stripes i looked all over the internet for it but couldn't find it....and how much money should a radiumwala take to do this job.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not recommended for new cars.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    A Short Trip to Lonawala with my GP Abarth and Family

Had great time in Lonawala at Amby Vally Road. Have a look of photos and enjoy.

Everyone was staring to my GP ABARTH in Lonawala and in Pune ::D

I have to do something to protect her from Buri Najar do I need to write on my car
    "Buri Najar Wale Tera Muh Kala" :lol

@ Gurji, Bhai and Ravi the smoke is coming early morning and when I start the car 1st time. It appears for sometime then it gets disappear. :confused

@ Tron I was planning to visit Mumbai on Sunday latenight to drop my dad to Airport but he said its not required as the flight is schedules Monday Early morning 5AM so I have to drop him late night. He said that its raining heavy in Mumbai so dont come to drop me. :-(. He called a cab for himself from Home to Airport

IMG00207-20110730-1751.jpg

30072011037.jpg

30072011041.jpg

IMG00211-20110730-1752.jpg

IMG00215-20110730-1810.jpg

IMG00223-20110730-1828.jpg

IMG00224-20110730-1847.jpg

IMG00050-20110518-0819.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    The last photo is of my 1.2 Emotion Punto. I really miss her.

I am worried about the mileage. From Pune I reset the trip and started the trip to Lonawala 5 person aboard. It was raining heavily and AC (was set on 22) was on all the time, never switched off it in Journey. On highway the inst. mileage was showing in between 25-30kmpl. The mileage was dropped when I started moving towards Amby Vally. When I was coming back to Pune the Avg Consumption was 15.5kmpl. Is this correct figure or do I need to wait for good mileage.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Milege of Grande Punto

@ Kedar

You have to reset the milege calculator daily.

To get correct figure of milege you have to travel min.100 Km without taking any stop.

Drive in range 80-100 Km/hr. Try to drive without throttle as max as possible.

Change the gears juditiously. Don't cross the limit of torque ratio in each gear.

If you want to rip, rip her in 4th or 5th gear. Don't give more throttle on 1,2 & in 3rd cog

Driving style should be like min.use of braking.

Try to control car on accelerator.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    15.5kmpl is reasonable for a new car. It will improve after around 5K on the odometer and keeps improving till around 15-20K after which it stabilises.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.