1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A soon to be owner of punto emotion 1.3 MJD TW......

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jagannath, May 6, 2012.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

congratulations .. and welcome
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    What is a pedal set and where did you buy all these?
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  4. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on booking your punto and most welcome to TFI.

Don't think too much on such issues. The main difference for you will be the steering and the disc brakes, but you will adjust to them within a day or two at the most.
    Reverse parking sensors or Camera is totally upto you to decide. Otherwise take the delivery of the car, get used to it and decide what all you want to add-on for your beauty.
  5. About the sunfilm, I want to put it. But heard that everyone is being made to remove it in Bangalore by the police. So is it wise to go for it?
    Seat covers right now seem to be outside my reach. So is it ok to stick to originals for a month or so?
    Parking sensors I'll go for right now.
    Rest of the stuff to in its time I think.

I read your post on fuel efficiency. Any specific tips I can follow to smoothen my ride? Also what's the running in speed and km limit?
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Dont go for sunfilm. Why you want to spend money to take a risk :)
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats on the decision.

Buying a diesel is always better. And not just for economy reasons.

I see the debate of Petrol vs Diesel like this - It's better to have one big injection at one go (spend a bit more initially on diesel car) rather than endure small injections daily (when you go to the fuel pump to fill up petrol).

Today's diesels like the Multijet are hard to beat. Europeans too love their diesels MORE than petrols.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and where is are the pictures.
    You will be adjusted to the great machine in a couple of days and urself will know the difference between the jap and the Italians.
    The Grande will be eco friendly and will be smooth the kms climb by while for the jap its viceversa..

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Congrats and where is are the pictures.
    You will be adjusted to the great machine in a couple of days and urself will know the difference between the jap and the Italians. :eek:
    The Grande will be eco friendly and will be smooth the kms climb by while for the jap its viceversa..
  9. Will get the car only by 10 th, so the pics will be posted then. Thanks for all the advice, I still have a lot of people looking at me strangely as to why I did not go for the SAFE choice of swift. It's crazy !! I am really tird of it.
  10. Hi everyone,
    After anxious moments and what appeared like a long wait for me, got my hands on MY fiat punto MJD emotion. Uploaded a couple of pics more will follow. I have a few queries and I need help with them.

1. Adjusted the MFD to show instant mileage, just for the fun of it. Though I know it's no point looking for more mileage in the initial days itself. So this mileage sometimes shows figures such as 44 kmpl and even 50 kmpl for a long period of time! However, the average fuel consumption for trip A after around 100 Kms is showing as 4 kmpl !! This also corresponds to a rapid drop of fuel gauge. So what to make of this?

2. I have ordered Jopasu duster combo through eBay. I want to know if we need to wash the car daily apart from dusting it. I have a domestic help who will wash the car daily. But I am worried about the effect of the usage of the water and thcloth on the body.

I am sure I will have more and more queries in future. But I am also sure that my fireds at TFI will help me with it. That's it for now guys. Thanks a lot...

Jags

P.S. sorry guys some problem with picture uploading ...will do that after resolving....