1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Silly Question

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by nmp, Jul 6, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

AFAIK all the standard factory fitted equipments are switched off - with the exception of parking lights and follow me home - when you lock and remove the key from the ignition. The follow me home headlamps are switched off after the specified time of around 20-30Sec, however park lights can remain on for as long as you keep them on.

2. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Also cabin lights..if you switched them on and forgot to off, it will drain your battery. I mean car's battery :wink:

3. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Road side assistance will come for help.. if their phone lines work!!

4. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

nahh nahh i think u dont knw but in punto if u forget cabin light to switched off it get off automatically after 20min.

so we dont have to care about it .Next time when u unlock ur car automatically it come back to on position :-D
    Even i connected my flipdown lcd screen main powersupply to + terminal of cabin light so coz of this if i faild to swich off my display it vl automatically off after 20min. with cabin light

5. ThePunter

ThePunter Regolare

In Punto, the chances of a full battery drain using the normal memory-loss reasons are reallllly rare - :lol:

6. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Thanks for letting me know Aniket. I was unaware of this feature.

7. royj

royj Esperto

:uh Uh...uh. Took some time to realize what you meant. For a moment I thought there was some memory leak problem in some ECU. The perils of being in IT :wink:

8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Don't know how I forgot to add this & all internal lights algorithm in Linea (same may be for Punto also) in "Did You Know" series Topic (Contribution from nehamit-Dr. Amit). Before adding it there, lemme post it here first in continuation of the discussion:

The interior light algorithm in Linea is as under:
    • If you leave the interior cabin lights ON by mistake and lock the car and go away, Linea/ Punto will automatically switch off all cabin lights after 20 mins and would save your battery from dischrging which is a wonderful feature.[/*:m:1tyyvl44]
    • When any door is opened, both the front and the rear lights come on for 3 minutes. The timer is reactivated whenever the door is opened. [/*:m:1tyyvl44]
    • When all the doors are closed, the lights stay on for a further 10 seconds with the key off. If the key is moved to key on position, the interior lights are turned off immediately. [/*:m:1tyyvl44]
    • When all the doors are closed at key-on the interior lights are immediately switched off. [/*:m:1tyyvl44]
    • When the key is removed, both the front and the rear lights are turned on and a 10 second timer is activated.
      All the interior lights are turned off at the door lock control. [/*:m:1tyyvl44]
    • At the door open command, both the front and the rear lights are turned on and a 10 second timer is activated.
      If the inertia(fuel cut-off) switch is operated the interior lights come on for 15 minutes. [/*:m:1tyyvl44]
    • The switching on or off takes place gradually (dimmer) with the duration of 2 seconds. [/*:m:1tyyvl44]
    • If any door or the boot is opened when the key is in off position, a time of 15 seconds is set. After this, all the interior lights are deactivated. [/*:m:1tyyvl44]

9. nmp

nmp Amatore

VP is it applicable for the E / E+ version only?
    I've observed in my Active that the Cabin light turns on only when the Driver side door is opened.
    "Active Members" Can anyone of you please confirm? :anyone

10. ThePunter

ThePunter Regolare

Hmm.. Can't find a better reason for putting it "that" way :mischievous