1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Silly Question

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by nmp, Jul 6, 2010.

1. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    I don't know if its been discussed already. It does sound stupid though :wink:
    I've got Pioneer HU in my 1.2 Active.
    Now my question is - Do I need to turn the key to 'MAR' Position to activate the HU? Or Is there any way I can turn it on without the key?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The HU which comes in Emotion/Emotion+ model doesn't need to have key to be in MAR postion. One can start anytime, even if the key is not inserted.
  3. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Have you tried turning the HU ON with the car power off??

Press and hold the "src" or the ON button of your HU (generally the volume button) when the car is off (or the key is out of the ignition).
    If the HU turns ON, it answers your question, if it doesn't, then you need the key in MAR to use the HU.

BTW, yes the stock Blaupunkt HU on the emotion, Emotion PK (Linea - dynamic) does turn ON when the car is OFF. But the USB in the Emotion pk does NOT work. But CD works.
  4. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Thanks Mod for redirecting the thread to the correct section.

I've tried to start the HU when the key is not inserted. It doesn't work. I think I've to live with it. :uh
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    But thats how is the case with most of the cars.
  6. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    well , i got a after market Blaupunkt and it works without the Key in the ignition , I can turn it on .
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I guess it depends on how the HU is wired to the battery. If it is directly connected, then you will be able to turn it on with out the ignition being on. If it is connected through the ignition key, then the ignition key needs to be turned on for the HU to receive power.
    In my previous car, I had an after market HU that wouldn't play with out the key in position, and a Hella horn that would sound without the key in place.
  8. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Hey Gautam, If Blaupunkt works then Pioneer should also work. May be some connections need to be altered. Time to check with some Garage :?:
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    as vp stated this is normal
  10. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Another one from my side, can someone confirm this statement for me? Nevertheless of any switches is ON/OFF inside the car, if you remove the Key and lock the door, can I assume the battery isn't drained out and in tact? If not, let me know on what scenarios the battery is still consumed despite the engine is switched off .

ps: I've only spent 2 months with my punto

Thanks again !