1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A short trip to the 'red' soil of bengal

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sandipan_r15, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Very nice pics..

Please share the accommodation details and rate..how is the food in the tourist lodge? As maybe we might go there this winter holidays. ..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arnab, I will share with you all the details tomorrow---I have to go to the night shift duty now.THANKS.
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    awesome red soil,

farm fresh food,

loving family to cherish.

A punto to drive.

what else we need.....dumb the unknown heaven.....This Earth is more to life to live.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. No prob buddy..tk rest aftr ur shift gets ovr and post leisurely...m in no hurry..was thinking of going to shantiniketan.
    The only downside in all this is I wilk be leaving the punto in bangalore only..:(:banghead:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Wonderful pics

Can you please click a.pic of the side view of your punto in closeup. Im interested to have a closer look at the sticker you have

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arnab,a part of the jhargram rajbari is used by WBTDC to run a resort(called MALLADEB---NAMED AFTER THE DYNASTY).
    But the position of most of the rooms donot have a good position so that you can open the window(keeping your privacy intact).The rooms in the main building have this problem.The guesthouse building(infront of which my car is parked) where I stayed is somehow better.

Roomrent--950/-
    Facility--Attach bath,AC,GEYSER,
    Price of food is reasonable.I ordered only bengali food & quality(pure barir ranna)was to my liking.
    BUT,there is a gross lack of professionalism among the staffs and it is not maintained in the way it should have been.

Some other good option in jhargram are 1) ARANYASUNDARI GUEST HOUSE & 2)DULUNG GUEST HOUSE

MPS resort is a costly option and its a big resort a few kms away from jhargram on the way to DAHIJURI.

Local sightseeing of JHARGRAM includes
    1)deer park(a mini zoo mantained by forest dept.)
    2)kechanda bandh(a 100 acre tank not in a very good condition due to poor maint.)
    3)kanandurga temple beside the DULUNG river at CHILKIGARH.
    4)two farms(pvt property) with good collection of rose.

You can cover JHILIMILI,SUTAN and other places if u donot want to go to MUKUTMANIPUR.
    Else take JAHRGRAM--DAHIJURI--SILDA--BELPAHARI--BANSPAHARI--RANIBANDH--JHILIMILI--MUKUTMANIPUR route to cover the places enroute MUKUTMANIPUR.

JHILIMILI has a lodging option called RIMIL PARYATAK NIBAS.
    Mukutmanipur has many lodging options and PEERLESS INN is the best/costliest(2400/-onward,food is costly,facility is veery good) among them.I stayed at PEERLESS INN.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The sticker is made by AUTO GRAPHIX & the model is SEGA RALLY.I don't know the same model is still available or not.
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arnab the name of the jhargram resort is'THE PALACE TOURIST RESORT' & at mukutmanipur it's PEERLESS RESORT.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    DAY 2 ::11/12/12 :-

ROUTE-->JHARGRAM--DAHIJURI--SILDA--BELPAHARI--BANSPAHARI--JHILIMILI--RANIBAHDH--AMBIKAPUR--MUKUTMANIPUR
    DISTANCE COVERED-->141KM
    AVG CONSUMP.-->18.6KMPL
    TRAVEL TIME-->5 HRS
    AVG SPEED-->28 KMPH

Roads are mix of single and double lane; not very good not very bad either.Scenic beauty from BELPAHARI to few kms before RANIBANDH is really beautiful.

PICS----

P1070212.jpg

P1070214.jpg

P1070215.jpg

P1070217.jpg

P1070218.jpg

P1070219.jpg

P1070207.jpg

P1070209.jpg

P1070210.jpg

P1070212.jpg

P1070219.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    3 people like this.
  10. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Daarunnn bhai....too good... I feel i have seen that rajbari somewhere.....nostalgic man.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.