1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A short film on Fiat - Update: Now feature film released

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by thyagu2_2006, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I watched it Yesterday, along with my parents. And the talks of the film/scenes is still going on right now at my home. :)

The Movie Is very refreshing and a Must watch with Family (Elders / parents, must ).

The essence of the Short Film is retained. But the movie has been very well adapted to bring out HeartWarming Relations, The Relations not only with the Young Couple, But Also the Sweet emotions between Panniyaram and his wife, The Employer(Pannaiyaram) and his Driver(Murugesa) , The motherly love of Panniyarams Wife, towards both Murugesa, and the Car.

The Soundtrack is cleverly soothing and different. Accolades to the Debutante Director. He sure has got fan following, including me.

A Must Watch with Parents..

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Arun, can you please post the link if you have handy

Sent from my Nexus 4
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Just returned from Sathyam complex after watching Pannaiyarum Padminiyum [PP]. While Theni Murugan [Pannaiyar] and Bala Saravanan [Driver Murugesan] did sterling performance in the short-film, Jayaprakash [Pannaiyar], Thulasi [Chellammal], Vijay Sethupathi [Driver Murugesan] and Bala Saravanan [Peruchali aka Peedai] did excellent performance in the full-length feature film. When I read the news that the short-film was going to be made as a full-length feature film, I had my own doubts about the applicability of the theme to a full-length feature film. The writer and director SU Arunkumar succeeded in presenting an interesting and gripping film centring around Padmini, the car. Justin Prabhakaran scored music for a coupla melodious songs and background score with Madras String's symphony. Gokul Benoy's cinematography was praise-worthy. Hats off to the PP team. :)
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I also did watch this movie last week at Inox, Citi Centre. It was really a feel good movie and the director has done an excellent job in converting the short film into a full length feature film.

Who is the real hero of the movie? Undoubtedly it has to be Jayaprakash who played the role of 'Pannaiyaar'. Thulasi, who played his wife was also equally brilliant in her performance. Vijay Sethupathi is an excellent actor but in this film, the role of Pannaiyaar has got more weightage over the driver and that made the performance of JP and Thulasi, a memorable one.
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I would say, the real heroine is Padmini, the car, as the entire plot and the characters revolve around her! ;)
    2 people like this.