1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A short 34Km road-trip (Panchkula-Pinjore-Panchkula)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by PaddleShifter, Sep 19, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3

Trip Distance= 34Km
    No. of Passengers= 3 (My Father, Mother and Me)

Today, my parents had some work near Pinjore, a place near Panchkula which is famous for Pinjore garden(Yadavindra Garden). This being my first road trip since around 2k1-2k2 brought some welcome change. :)

It was a 17km trip to that place and today was the first time I drove on a highway. The highway is undergoing widening and repair (4 laning and many flyovers are being constructed) and the whole project has been going on for the past 2years at snail’s pace. :traffic

Anyways, there were pot holes at some places, other than that the road was smooth.

Didn’t push beyond 2500rpm but enjoyed the highway.
    I wish I had a good camera but I still managed to click some pics.
    Here are some pics that are of acceptable quality for a phone.
    I've resized them to a smaller resolution. (scroll bar issue)

My father. On our way back, we stopped for some sight seeing on the bridge over Ghaggar river(a seasonal river). My mom is sitting inside the vehicle.

My father, being a Civil Engineer, wanted to have a look when we spotted a Dam under construction near Amaravati on our way back. It is being constructed for a mini lake cum bypass road to the area on other side of Ghaggar river.

This bull dozer had the word "ARSS" written on it's rear end. :evilsmile

The clouds rising from the hills. This view deserved to be clicked by Klub_Class, Karthik1100 or Grandeur.

My dad asked me to pull over and put himself in the driver's seat. That's me on the right side of the photo.

TATA just ahead of us. I wonder when this highway would be completed.

Back to Panchkula. The stadium in Sector-3 where ICL(Indian Cricket League) T20 matches used to be played.

That's all folks...
    Edit- Mods: I've manually placed pics "inline". I've edited the post twice but after submitting they get shuffled again. Kindly help. ::V

2. PaddleShifter

Grande Punto 1.3
    A request to MODs- Kindly correct the order, if possible, so that headings can match the photos.

Correct order:

1. Photo_374

2. Photo_386

3. Photo_388

4. Photo_397

5. Photo_410

6. Photo_416

7. Photo_419
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Good that you are enjoyed your car on weekend. Its always nice to drive on highways.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

A short and simple,yet interesting travalogue.
    I sincerely wish that you get enough chance and time for a long trip.
  5. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Nice pics Yashik. Waiting for some pics of your Punto!
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Good pictures for a phone and nice report too. ::D
  7. PaddleShifter

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks. :) I think the pictures look sharper when we resize them to a smaller resolution.

Thanks. I had clicked some pics but I didn't like them much as the quality wasn't really there. Especially in case of interiors. I'm waiting for better hardware so that I may be able to click better pics of the GP. :)

Thanks a lot Sir. Really looking forward for much drives. :)

Thanks. Yes, it was wonderful to drive on the highway. My father was constantly noticing a smile on my face while I was driving on an empty road. Finally, he couldn't resist getting hold of the steering himself. :)