1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Road Trip to Western Karnataka

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Ravi, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Back Home
    After Jog Fall's scenic view, we started back to our destination - Home. It was lunch time, but since we had very late breakfast, we decided we will have Lunch at Shimoga. Except bad traffic in Sagara, and few bad patches near few villages, drive till Shimoga was nice and fast. We reached Shimoga town at 3.30-3.45PM. We were little casual to find a restaurant, as I was expecting too many option I can find, but unfortunately we crossed Shimoga and didn't find any decent place to eat :). Didn't do any research on any eating places there and we actually crossed city and we were little hungry.
    Anyway, targeted next town, Arsikere. Drove little fast to cover as much in daylight, as it was 2 lane road and in night, preferred to drive as less as possible.
    Reached Arsikere, stopped near some dhaba tea shop. Had couple of tea, also had some snacks for wife and my daughter. It was around 6PM.
    It was getting darker. Initially I was driving mostly at low beam, but almost all opposite vehicles were on High Beam. In start tried to avoid any high beam on oncoming vehicles, but soon I realized, people don't care about these and except very few no one was putting light on low beam. Then I also started using high beam, more than I should have. 100/90 bulb was really helpful.
    Reached Tunkur city traffic by 8PM. Lots of traffic there. Decided to have a break and lunch there. Touched NH4, and stopped at Kamath Upachar, for a 45 mins break. Had dinner there and started by around 9.15PM. Reached home at 10.15PM. Trip Completed.

Taking small break after Shimoga.

DSC_0531.jpg

Dinner break

IMG_20141030_205049.jpg

Total drive - 1078 KMs, with excellent FE - 21.4 KMs/L (MID).

IMG_20141030_221153.jpg IMG_20141030_221207.jpg
  2. neel82

neel82 Timido

Bangalore
    Excellent travelogue I would say. I am also planning to do a similar go around trip from Bangalore starting 1st of Jan to 4th of Jan 2015.
    Plan is to hit Mangalore via Madikeri, drive till Honavar, then back to Bangalore via Shimoga.
    Please suggest if the route "Bangalore-Mysore-Madikeri-Sullia-Puttur-Mangalore" would be ideal following closure of the Saklespur route - http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...-to-reach-hassan-bangalore/article6378816.ece
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have not much idea on Sulia-Puttur-Mangalore roads, but my guess is this should be ok. I am assuming you want to visit Madikere, else Hassan route should be better, I guess.
  4. neel82

neel82 Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    @Ravi
    Wonderful Travelogue & excellent pics breathing fresh air !!!

Seems I'll have plan another & long road trip to South :D
    Ravi likes this.
  6. kishor123

kishor123 Timido

belgaum
    belgaum
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Excellent travelogue sir. Your Punto looks stunning :)
  7. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Looks like Sharavati river as that is the one which flows around Jog Falls, Honnavar area.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Ravi likes this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Ravi, a nice travelogue. Great mileage and stunner of a car in Red.
    Ravi likes this.