1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Road Trip to Western Karnataka

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Ravi, Nov 1, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I always envy of those who live there and get to aspire the beaut of the nature in every season with the breath of fresh air and touch of that rich soil which keeps the health on good state.
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @Ravi awesome pics and nicely written travelogue...
    Ravi likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Day 3 - Driving though Kudremukh to Murudeswar
    After relaxed 2 days, time to move on. Got up at normal time, 7AM. Packed the luggage and had a nice breakfast at home stay.
    Said bye to staffs, ans started from there at around 9.30AM.
    Reached Kalsa town, filled Rs. 500 diesel there at Indian Oil bunk. Kudremukh is around 20-30 KMs from Kalsa. Roads are good, greenery all around, very less traffic - It was awesome to drive on those twisty roads.
    Crossed Kudremukh with multiple small stops. Not maintained properly now.
    Anyway, moved ahead and saw turn for Lakya Dam, though I was thinking they might not allow to go and take pictures, still we went there to try. Only 2 security guys were there, asked and they allowed us to go inside for walk and take pictures.
    We skipped Hanuman Gundi Falls, as we didn't want to go 300 steps down and come back, with kid. It was getting hotter as well.
    Wanted to see the hanging bridge, but missed that, couldn't locate, and by the time I realized, we crossed ghat section :).
    Whole ghat section drive was just too good.

Lakya Dam

DSC_0302.jpg DSC_0303.jpg DSC_0304.jpg DSC_0306.jpg DSC_0307.jpg

Kadambi Falls, on the way. Nice and small fall, going inside was prohibited though.

DSC_0318.jpg
    DSC_0320.jpg DSC_0328.jpg

Few random pictures of ghat section.

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Awesome pics @Ravi, most of the pictures the colours are so vivid. Loved them.

The itch gets stronger by the day to do some lovely drive through India and see all those hidden wonders.
    Ravi likes this.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Weather was clear, and the atmosphere itself it so nice and vivid. Just keep clicking, it will be all bright green everywhere.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Beautiful Kudremukh. Missed visiting Kudremukh this monsoon and the blame solely goes to my office folks :mad:
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @nkrishnap Hope your office folks don't read your message :p
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lunch at Udupi and pit-stop at Maravanthe Beach
    Due to multiple stops on Kudremukh area, we were little delayed, so started continuous drive and next stop was near Karkala, for 10 mins. Had couple of tender coconuts. It was bit hot weather.
    Next stop planned for Lunch. With some google search found out that Hotel Woodland is one of the good option at Udupi. Crossed Manipal and stopped at Hotel in afternoon for Lunch. It was decent hotel and food was good.

Stop over at Karkala

IMG_20141029_122410.jpg

Lunch at Hotel Woodland, Udupi

IMG_20141029_133059.jpg

Maravanthe Beach

PANO_20141029_151442.jpg

After nice lunch, we started and found 4 lane road, after long time. So little speed increased. Reached Kundapur and road became again 2 lane, but nice road and decent traffic.
    We were moving normally, and suddenly found excellent view of sea beach. I wasn't aware we will be on this spot, and we were pretty happy to see the view.
    It was clean, protected with big stones. We stopped there for some 30 mins. Went down to beach, but just on side to have a touch feel of it. The wave were big, and I felt one must be bit careful if plan to get inside.

Checked map, and found out it is called Maravanthe Beach. Some details on wiki -
    Couple of pictures from my camera.

DSC_0349.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    raj29, shams, pv_krish and 2 others like this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The woodlands hotel is quite nice in Udupi for Veggies. The food is decent, not too pricey. My only grouse with this place is the mobile will be more or less be off, reason the restuarant is in the basement and it runs deep.
    Ravi likes this.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are spot on. Also being on weekday, I could find parking space, else it is congested and I guess on weekends lunch time, finding a place to park car will be challenging.

And one good thing was they accept credit card :).