1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Road Trip to North Bihar

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Ravi, Nov 6, 2012.

1. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore
    @Ravi- I was looking the route you did, looks like there are couple if routes after Balasore. Below is the Google Maps link I am thinking of taking, can you have a look and guide me please?

Map- Bangalore to Samastipur (Bihar)

Anyone has done a recent trip taking this route? Any input on current road condition would be highly appreciated :)
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    RoadRunner likes this.
  3. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore
  4. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello All

Yes, after a long time I turned to TFI page. Was occupied with couple of projects (official trips etc) and did almost zero road trip during an year.

Again, planning a road trip from Bangalore to Patna in October 2015 and wanted some expert advise on current road condition from Bangalore. I am planning to take; BLR-Tirupati-NH5-Vijayawada-Vizag-(1st Stay)- Vizag-Balasore-Jamshedpur-(2nd Stay)-Jamshedpur-Ranchi-Patna-(Destination).

It would be really helpful if anyone can share recent experience on road condition on above route, especially from Balasore to Jamshedpur taking "Balasore - Baripada - Bangriposi - Rairangpur - Hata - Jamshedpur".

Any alternate route would be worth considering provided the road condition is good. I (actually any highway driver) don't mind taking a longer drive than pathetic road :happy:
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I heard, this route is in pretty bad state, and with rain, I advise you not to take this route.
    Taking full GT route, via Kolkata by-pass - Durgapur - , should be better option. I mean this route.
  6. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi Ravi- thank you so much for your advise. I heard Balasore-Kharagpur-Dankuni-Durgapur stretch is bad as well, kind of confused :confused:

Anyone who has done a recent trip via Balasore - Baripada - Bangriposi - Rairangpur - Hata - Jamshedpur OR the route Ravi suggested? Thanks in advance.
  7. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore
    Anyone on entire TFi or Team BHP recently done any of the above routes, please share your feedback. It would be of great help (as you already know :))! Thanks in advance.