1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Road Trip to North Bihar

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Ravi, Nov 6, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That is an epic drive.

Thank you Ravi for taking us along through these wonderful pics.
    1 person likes this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whoaaa ! I could experience the road conditions, places etc while reading your post. Really a fab drive and travelogue. Cheers for you, your family and Punto's spirit! :clap
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ah, that explains. I missed that thread so the trip KMs:).
    Yes it was long, but I planned that way. Had 15+ hr rest before starting.
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last set of pictures -

l4_8.jpg
    l4_9.jpg
    l4_10.jpg
    6 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Expense
    I couldn't record the details, how J. Ravi sir does, but on approximate expense -
    - Fuel - ~ Rs.13000
    - Hotel - ~ Rs.15000
    - Food - ~ Rs. 2000
    - Toll - ~Rs. 2000

Total - ~Rs. 32-33K (for 3 persons and 1 kid).
    1 person likes this.
  6. DOT

DOT Timido

Bangalore
    Wow great trip, thanks for sharing:redcar.
  7. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore
    Great travelogue Ravi!! Congratulations on your long drive on great Car 'The Punto'.
    I am from Bihar (Samastipur) too and I drive every year in my Linea MJD Emotion PK :) However I take Bangalore-Hydrabad-Adilabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Katni-Reva-Allahabad-Arrah-Patna route. I was wondering if anyone has did the route you have done, finally I got to know your route is better than what do every year :eek:

I am planning for this year's trip in October 1st week.

How about the 'Naksal' area before reaching Kolkata somewhere near Rourkela or something similar?
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Nothing to worry about Naxals at least on the NH/SH. I had driven via Naxalbari [origin of Naxal movement] to and fro Siliguri in the night during my NE/Bhutan trip.
    Ravi likes this.
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great to know you do trip every year.
    About your route, have a look at this thread http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/round-trip-of-4600-kms.4076/
    Shams did that route. If road condition in MP is same, better to go via GQ. You can divert towards Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Hazaribagh route. But do check how is the condition from Balasore to Jamshedpur, after monsoon. Else continue on route I took.

Will look forward for your next trip details as a travelogue here.
  10. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi.

I went through the thread 'round-trip-of-4600-kms.4076' and I could visualize minute of MP stretch (especially so called MP Roads) :banghead:. I can 100% understand the pain Shams had gone through :nailbiting: and I never expect the MP stretch to be repaired. I am looking at it for last four years now, it's like that any one on the other place in entire MP.

After second trip I don't take the NH7, rather I take village roads and reach hit the NH7 in Maihar.

Sure, I will write a travelogue after I do next trip either to Bihar or may be Mumbai (next Month probably). Till then, have a safe driving :brb:
    Ravi likes this.