1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Road Trip to North Bihar

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Ravi, Nov 6, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Nice travelogue, Ravi.:) I am eagerly waiting for the next part. Having gone near the Indo-Nepal international border, you could have visited Nepal too!;)
    My MapMyIndia Lx130 navigator guided me properly to NH 5 from Beach Road, Vizag during my NE/Bhutan trip.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes do visit other places as well. Now with most of the road is in great condition, no problem driving anywhere, only thing is time.

It was of help but it created confusion as well, in Guntur city and Kolkata. But it made sure we reach final destination.

This money collection happens sometimes, not always.
    I could have saved some time not entering the town, but again we would have spend similar or more time on RTO checkposts.
    At the time of returning I didn't enter, and not mucj jam was there on checkposts. But by seeing the truck queue, if you stuck in any of those, you will lose so much time for sure. The trick is to go to opposite site, at correct sections.

Nagpur route is shorter, but do get confirmation on road from Nagpur onwards. Normally its in very bad state.
    I couldn't keep all the expenses, in details, as J. Ravi sir does, but I will post some rough figures.

Yes I did had a great time and long break from work.

Thanks. Yes I will complete it for sure.

Agree.

Yes it was tough but equally good experience. People were enjoying whole night.
    And this festive environment continued in Bihar as well.
    ;-)

I have been to border in my childhood. This trip was bit tight, so skipped. May be next time.

Google took us out to GQ road as well, but roads were very narrow and in night we felt that we are not on correct path and was bit scary.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice travelogue with detailed road info! Loved the pics. Red punto looks fab in all the pics :) Keep them coming! Yeah after crossing Karnataka border, roads till Tirupati is not all that great. Was eagerly expecting atleast 4 lane highway btw Blore-Tirupati. But after Tirupati, road condition in AP are pretty nice!
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In fact the road till tirupati (except Chittoor by pass) is in good condition. The road is bad, after tirupati till you hit GQ.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    amazing write up Ravi..
    waiting for more pics
  6. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    amazing write up ravi!! will help me a great deal for my long drive which i am planning around Christmas!!
  7. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Nice to know that you are from Bokaro Steel City. Was your father in BSL?
    My in-laws are stationed at Bokaro and I do visit Bokaro often.

Well, I was on the same route from Cuttack-Balasore-Kharagpur-Howrah-Durgapur on 19/10/12. I was travelling from Bhilai to Durgapur (reached 20/10/12 early morning) and then to Bokaro on 25/10/12.

The OR Road tax extortion have stopped at Jaleswar, but there are intermittent reports of it still continuing at Jamsola (NH6).
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes my father was an employee in BSL, retired last year.
    My parents spends most of the time here only.

Thanks. I read somewhere that even on Jaleswar they do this, but not as often.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice Pics Ravi.
    Hope you enjoyed the beauty of Godavari near Rajahmundary !!!
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome .. Your punto is just amazing....