1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A request on TFI's anniversary

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amit, Jun 3, 2012.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I am starting this thread on my own but I am sure all my fellow mod's / owner's will agree with what I am saying.

On the occasion of Team Fiat India's anniversary, we, mods, are making a request to all our fellow members. We are sure all of you will take what we are saying in the right spirit and help us make this forum the place all of us had wanted it to be.

- Yes. This is team Fiat. BUT it is not a shrine for Fiat & their car's. I see a lot of members going overboard in praising their car's and bashing other brands. This forum was never designed to bash other cars, individual's & forums.

- Some posts seriously lack maturity. Many times we mod's shake our heads in disbelief at what is being written. Please keep your emotions under control when posting here. All of us wanted this forum to be mature, balanced & unbiased. Please help us to make this place what we want it to be.

I am not sure if members here know the concept behind this forum so let me put that out.

- Team Fiat was not designed because we were not happy with any other forum's.

Hence, the logic behind bashing other individual's & forums is something we, mods, just cannot understand. We don't know if some of you feel that we made this forum only because we were unhappy with other forums. If this is what you believe, if you feel this is the reason you have the liberty to write anything you want then please put that thought out of your mind.

- Team Fiat was designed to be a place where Fiat owner's could discuss the good & bad things about their car's & service openly & maturely.

Let's face it. Current crop of Fiat car's have their niggling issues and Fiat HAS cut corner's on quality. Service, specially in smaller towns is an issue. These are known issues. Accept them & discuss them openly.

- Team Fiat does not believe that Fiat cars are the best and every other car is a piece of crap.

The perfect car is one that suits your requirement's, one that makes you happy when you sit in it & drive it. Do you guys know what kind of maturity we are expecting from all of you? In the What car section, it is not compulsory for you to recommend a Fiat simply because this is Team Fiat. You will neither be infracted nor banned for suggesting other brands if you feel that the thread starter will be happier and better off buying some other car. The real maturity will be when we suggest a thread starter in the what car section to buy some other brand because we feel he will be happier buying a Maruti or Hyundai.

Best case is when, someone has a doubt on Fiat service or say's that nearest Fiat service is 70-80 kms away from where he lives. Respectfully , softly & maturely put your point across. The best answer to this would be to highlight Fiat's 15,000 kms service interval which means he will have to drive only once a year to get the service done. At the same time, don't forget to mention that there could be issues with link rods & CSC's which could mean he will have to drive a few times more to get these small issues sorted out. Also, mention that if Fiat service is such a mental block then it's better to buy a Maruti or Hyundai if their ASC's are close to his house. You will only be helping Fiat by doing this. How? The person may end up buying a Fiat due to persuasion from here but will still be apprehensive about the service. Even a minor issue at service will result in him getting frustrated, the mind will tell him ' I told you so!' and he will ultimately end up telling his friends & colleagues to not go for a Fiat.

Let me share a small secret with all you. When the idea of Team Fiat was floated, Amogh, Sandeep, VP, Chaos & me were at Sunny da dhaba, Lonavala. In our brain storming, we did talk about having a what car section for non-Fiat cars. Then we realized how foolish that thought was. Why separate What Car? into Fiat's and non-Fiat's? The idea was ridiculous. We said let's have one What Car? section, members can suggest non-Fiat cars to thread starter's in the same thread. We always thought Fiat owner's will be mature. Please don't let our belief in all of you change.

- Team Fiat was conceived & designed to be a fun place where we would make a lot of new friends.

Let us plan & organize more meets!

Let us remind all of you that Team Fiat is an open forum. Anyone can log onto teamfiat.co.in and read the posts. What we are saying here is being read by the whole world. Question is what image we want to present to the world?

It was always our dream that team fiat should be a forum where even non Fiat owner's should come for suggestions on what car to buy. A person interested in a Fiat but apprehensive about everything that Fiat comes with should feel confident that he can log onto team Fiat for getting the real picture about Fiat & their car's. We should be THE place for getting answers on Fiat India & their car's. A place which will be trusted blindly for getting unbiased answer's about Fiat.

All we expect from our member's is maturity & balanced posts. Please help us to make Team Fiat the forum we wanted.

Thank you.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    20 people like this.
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Well said Amit!! Your words are very much true! It is everyone's responsibility to upheld the quality and image of the forum. For this we need to first accept that the post quality has gone down to some extent in the recently compared to how it was a year ago when I joined this forum.
  3. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Very Nicely phrased, thoughts communicated well. I personally believe this should be the thought process behind every forum.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    well said Amit, I am with you.

we should organize more and more meets what say?
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Right said Fred!
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Team fiat real "Bliss".
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Something that was very much needed in the forum. More order and discipline in posts.

However, to suggest that answers to what car queries etc. should only be in certain fashion defeats the purpose of having a forum with varied individuals with opinions. There are no rights and wrongs. You can't have a perfect opinion. Everyone can't be Tutu Dhawan :)

Happy anniversary to TFI. Look forward to the meets.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    TFI is one great platform that has brought many of Fiat lovers at a single place. I should also admit that I earned many friends through TFI.

I joined TFI in Jan'2011 just after booking Punto MJD. The main driving force for me to go for GP is Team-BHP and the members review written there. I got my Punto in Feb and after few months of spending in TFI, I honestly felt that TFI is lacking the quality of posts. I even mailed to all mods pointing this out. Being in TFI is liking experiencing the weather change. Sometimes, it looks too fan-boyish and sometimes it looks like TeamNonFiat.co.in. To be honest, I wouldn't have bought a Fiat if I had come across TFI before booking a Fiat. Now that amit has opened up the idea behind TFI, I feel I can also toss my 2 cents.

- Attack against individuals and fellow TFI'ians should be avoided. I did my best to report posts which attacks any individual.

- Posts has to be matured. I agree 100%. When we talk about maturity, it is very hypothetical in my opinion. Maturity level of each individual varies and cannot be altered by preaching something. Having said that Mods should always intervene when there is a conflict. I am reading TFI for the last 15 months and I can well say that most of the posts (more than 50%) in TFI are not mature.

- Now, regarding the bashing of other forums, it has to be thoroughly avoided. But, I don't see an issue in criticizing other forums/magazines/brands of their report or actions. If there is a genuine reason behind the criticism, I don't see an issue. In particular, I am seeing that TFI has become too sensitive when a particular forum is criticized but fine when hitting out at some auto magazines. We are even very happy to hit out the partner of Fiat in India. If we are well matured, we (including me) shouldn't have bashed the recent order of the Supreme Court of India.

- I was always of the opinion that, for an issue, there has to be only one thread. But, in reality when you search for Blue&Me issue, you will end up getting atleast 20 threads. An alien or a person who doesn't know anything about cars, what would be his very first impression on Fiat? Sometimes we are ending up creating negativity against Fiat.

I wish TFI transforms itself into a Matured Fiat lovers community.

Note: All the comments in this post are my personal opinion.
    4 people like this.
  9. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    You have placed your points in a very nice way.
    Sorry for any possible infringements on my part.
    Vow to maintain the sanctity of the forun in the future.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks amit for re-iterating the facts.
    Also, its good if members can revisit old thread on similar lines - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/announcements/2747-forum-quality.html.

To add to what amit says, about mature -
    1. Please do search before creating any new thread. Post in similar existing thread. Most of the time thread would be already created.
    2. Don't just post "one liner" like I agree or nice etc.., instead use "Like" link.
    3. Don't quote whole post, quote only relevant para. No need to quote post just above, or last post.
    4. Use "Report Post", and don't write some moderation request in post.
    5. PM any mods, in case there is any difficulty.
    3 people like this.