1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A report from The Hindu's virtual mechanic section

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Cinju, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Fellows please go through the pic 1st. (The VW section)
    29092011473.jpg 29092011474.jpg

My query is regarding the under body washing of Vento. As per this we should not wash the under body of Vento. Maybe they meant pressure wash. What kind of sensor could that be ? and if this is the case how safe it is to ride on Indian roads ? Does FIAT have any such recommendations ?

The 3rd pic is a good news. This one talks about people's perception about FIAT & somewhere in their heart they desperately wanted to get FIAT.
    Just though of sharing with you all.
    29092011476.jpg
  2. what sensors they have in the under body in vento, if we don't wash it there will be progressive weight gain every few months!!
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes there are few magazines like Hinu who recommends Linea :)
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

I am happy to read the last line - 'We say Go for Linea'. now, only if other auto journos expressed their opinion so freely...

The under body sensors may eb water proof, but the high pressure water wash may be harmful to them. I think the analogy is some of our wrist watches which are water resistant till a specified depth. They will not allow water to enter if you wear them and took a bath, but they may get water into them if you wear them and go diving.

How ever, the above is just my speculation - I do not have any concreete info about what sensors have VW placed under body.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  5. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    If at all VW has to install the sensors then why they have not taken enough care so as not to damage them while underbody car washing. :evil:
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If VW is not allowing underbody washing of Vento then do they have any other alternative for that?

There are chances of Rusting if someone wont wash cars underbody for long time.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Kedar these are the questions even I have. There is a chance that it could be as Anoop said. Maybe their service centre fellows knows where to apply pressure washing and where not. I think they wanted to avoid getting the water service done outside. But still I feel it as a stupid logic.
  8. Vento may be good car, but VW is ripping customers with expensive maintenance.
    now they don't want you to wash the car or get it washed outside.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Reading about VW underbody was a real surprise. Probably German technology is so advanced under body sensors can sense the potholes in the road and adjust suspension accordingly.

This is the first time Hindu has advised a positive decision for Linea. Their thursday edition has this test drive section and I read it every week. I was completely surprised to see them endorsing Linea.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    You are right Kaps. Even I was so surprised to see that they have supported Linea. Every time when I start to read this Thu edition, I really expect to see some good Fiat news and at last I have seen one and that is the reason why i posted it here.