1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A rendezvous with The Lord - Sabarimala

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by PatchyBoy, Jun 17, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Day 1 Sat 15th June 2013

This was my first 1000 km+ trip after getting the Jet and I was very excited. I have done more than my share of long drives both in India as well as overseas, but the Jet was a different matter altogether. I had packed my bags and was all set the previous night and could barely sleep. I had set the alarm for 4:00 AM. My wife woke up at 3:45 and not long after, lacking the warmth of her by my side, I woke up too. Ironically, the alarm never went off. Later realized I had set it for 4:00 PM. Stupid me.

4:45 AM all set, posted update on the forum and set out. Got to Bangalore Cantonment station well in time to receive my friend from Hubli. The train was scheduled to arrive at 5:30 AM. After getting there, found out that the train was 30 minutes late. Called up Raj29 and found out the bus his friend was travelling in was also late. Finally, when I picked my friends up and got to the toll gate where we were supposed to meet, Raj29 was already waiting there and we were running late by more than an hour.

DSC04735.jpg

... to be continued

Rajan
    13 people like this.
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    This teaser is so small..it's almost unfair :(
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry buddy. Too excited to post sensibly. Suffice to say, drove the Jet in Ghats, with rain and fog for company for 300+ kms. Started the thread, so that fellow TFIans, Ramjn and Raj29 will also post in the same thread. Will post more - a looooot more- details and pics later.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lagae raho Patchybhai. ;)

Swamiyein Sharanam Aiyappa.

Drive Safe.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Awesome drive it was. Tested the capability of ZLO to the maximum possible extent while coming back to Chennai. To describe in a word, it is Brilliant.

This is one of the best drives I have had in recent times. As Rajan said, Ghats, Rains, and all those mad curves. Wow. My car was waiting to experience this again for so long. I have huge collection of photos with me. Will share them shortly.

Special thanks to Rajan who initiated the plan for the Sabarimala trip.
    3 people like this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    eagerly waiting for your photos :)
  7. Ramjn,

I am already expecting high standards of photo's (just to make you nervous).
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Ramesh - Waiting for your pictures, so I can decide if my pictures are even worth uploading :D

Rajan
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh No Rajan. Please upload your pictures. I felt bad that I couldn't take any pictures in Sabarimala due to rains. I dropped the idea of carrying the camera with me from Pamba.

Here's the first set of pictures. More will follow from my visit to Courtallam and Papanasam.

Our drives parked together at Hotel Meenakshi Bhavan in Theni
    01-RAM_4631.JPG

Some where on Theni-Kumily stretch
    03-RAM_4634.JPG

06-RAM_4638.JPG

07-RAM_4639.JPG

09-RAM_4646.JPG

Raj's Drive
    02-RAM_4632.JPG

My MJD
    04-RAM_4635.JPG

Rajan's Jet
    05-RAM_4636.JPG

08-RAM_4643.JPG

10-RAM_4652.JPG
    9 people like this.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Awesome start Rajan
    Ramesh superb pictures to start already :)

Indeed it was an awesome drive and the Ghat roads were butter smooth with all the cureves, ups and downs which made the drive a delight and FIATs handled all the roads with elan

I havent taken much pictures as was more indulged in enjoying the awesome drive acompanied by Rajan and his Tjet. My friend though managed to click some pics on the move, will share them soon
    Also for the first time got to experinece the Tjet, what an awesome ride it is words are not enough to express the experience i had driving the TJET.
    After driving TJET i had a thought of getting one for myselves too immediately ;) -- how i wish

Will post details soon about the travel and experinence.

Swamiye Saranam Ayappa - the lord blessed us with a wonderful darshan and safe trip
    3 people like this.