1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A quick test drive of the LINEA 2012

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vigneshram, Jan 6, 2012.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    tried my hand on the new punto today. drove only the punto for around 5kms as i didnt have much time and primarily wanted to compare between old and new punto.( i havent driven the old linea before) . The wheel well was very much visible in punto than in linea. Coming to the GC, well, that comes at a price definitely..after driving my car and the new one back to back, i very much felt that the suspension is harder in the new one... Of course that was expected., they have to do something to counter the GC increase to match the dynamics. The gear shift was not so smooth, coz it was brand new or may be i was used to rubbery gear shift. The NVH levels are way less inside whereas it sounds a bit more on the outside in both new cars.

the linea on the other hand was outright gorgeous in the blue colour . Such big increase in GC didn't appear to have taken its toll on the looks department so much . The 16" wheels have complimented for everything else and its wheel well is very much less visible than punto. The sales executive, a very spirited driver himself was so disappointing with the new linea, said that the ride quality and dynamics have been affected pretty badly and in spite of the weight loss , it feels like there is some serious loss of power. the 16" alloys are shod by goodyear eagles .

Photo-0052.jpg

Photo-0051.jpg

Photo-0053.jpg
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What do you mean by the weight loss? There is no weight reduction for Linea 2012 from the 2011 model. Its the same 1210 Kg.

We (myself, Sathya_sc, and teky) test drove Linea 2012 today in various road conditions. Reports with pictures will follow soon.
  3. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Whts your sum up regarding the 2012 linea
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Ohh that a smashing Blue in linea & punto, now I can say to fiat :( some of Punto & Linea owner will be with me who likes blue colour most, though BNW is my second fav, this blue colour just gave this :p to me, Waiting for 1.6 multijet with this colour.
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Waiting for this!!! Hope you guys took it for a spin in some highway!
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    They have already posted a thread about it! Linea 2012 - Short Review
  7. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Good to hear a positve feedback now the ultimate question HAS FIAT ANSWERED ALL CRITICS who have been bashing FIAT for poor interiors , GC , Turning Radius etc . I am of the opinion the 2012 has to be pushed to crunch higher no's. Why ami saying this none of the auto mags have given great opinion about the cars though they are best in each of their class.

Lets us wait and watch ..

Saying all this good news is that after a hrd struggle got my PUNTO 90 HP - 2011 fox trout azure just reached will gets hands on my dolly on the 19th ...whole lot of mods need to be done.

Morimoto Projector with Angel Eyes
    Morimoto FOG Projectors
    100 PCD alloys from lenso
    BlackPainted Roof
    Spoilers
    ICE upgrade.

Well will post pic soon.
  8. nird_1976

nird_1976

Tirupati
    Yes, that true Gurjinder ji, but we are still waiting for a similar review named "Punto 2012-Short Review". Almost 8 days are over, neither the so called defintive community for Indian cars not this forum is coming up with any such review......is there any serious troble out there for getting a test drive....

Come on, this forum is dedicated to Linea and Punto only, and already people have given there precious time for launch ceremony of the same and for caffe as well.....

So still waiting...
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you are waiting for something like "Official Review" etc., sorry we haven't done that till now, for any car. Its not on plan also. So best bet is to have a look at the link above. That thread has all the information, one need.
  10. nird_1976

nird_1976

Tirupati
    Thanks ravi for that two liner....but you didn't paid attention to my first three lines....I was asking about Punto-a short review.....
    and you are again referring to the Linea thread, where I searched all pages one after another and could not find Punto 2012 discussion ....is this what you are referring to " That thread has all the information, one need. .."
    Pardon me if I left any page or comment in that thread...