1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A quick escape to the blissful roads leading to Udaipur, Rajasthan

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by passion@fiat, Mar 9, 2014.

1. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

I am a new member of this forum. Have posted my introduction thread today. Still getting acclimatized to the user experience of this forum. Wanted to post the link to my Introductory Thread..was not able to. Mods please do help me here.

Coming back to the title of the Thread - My wife was away to Singapore during the week of 23rd Feb to 2nd Mar'14. So i had 5-6 days to myself , when this idea struck me. This trip was long pending and with my new Italian beauty i could not have asked for more. Had restricted holiday on 26th Feb'14 due to Mahashivratri and took off on Friday so i had full 4 days with my car, Pintu, that's what we call her.

Left Faridabad at 4.30am on Thursday morning (27th Feb'14). The weather was just perfect with light cool breeze.. Pintu hardly had any fuel so topped her up at Jasola HP bunk , worth Rs. 2000. Reached Gurgaon toll in no time and by 5.15 i was at Manesar Toll. Surprisingly even this toll was not Operational and got a smooth passage. Got stuck for like 15 mins on some flyover after Apno Ghar, due to an accident. However this was cleared and i was cruising along NH-8 towards Hotel Highway King, my first planned stop for a quick breakfast. I was here at 8.50 am which was not bad at all.:p Pintu just sailed through all the way, tackled all rough surfaces, occasional road breaks due to construction and undulations formed due to diversion activities. After a quick break of 15-20 mins for some sandwiches and coffee , i headed straight to Jaipur Ajmer Bypass. This road is a driver's paradise, too good to be true and so tempting that you will have to restrict your adrenaline rush to push the throttle - for me it was like unleashing the 93HP of raw power. This was my first highway trip after i got home Pintu so was excited to see how she behaves under these conditions - my first diesel possession. Posting a few pics of this journey with My New Love - Pintu:
    the road ahead to GVK Expressway
    WP_20140227_001.jpg

Had got out to capture the landscape
    WP_20140227_003.jpg

The 3 quarter look with the valley in backdrop
    WP_20140227_004.jpg

IMG_20131224_162312.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    5 people like this.
  2. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Great bro keep burn the fuel with ur pintu...even I am also planning to visit in my Palio GTX the pure gasoline drinker next month

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Nice Pics @Passion. Welcome to TFI!! Pintu looking awesome too :)
  4. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Puneet. I am sure you will have time of your life in those leading to Udaipur. I took the Bhilwara- Chittorgarh route after having read about the connected and not so good NH 8 via Ajmer. Although the roads through NH 79/NH 76 are a driver's paradise, you will find this route to be a bit boring. At least I found it to be boring ,may be because I had only Pintu as company. There aren't much eating places apart from standalone dhabas, not to our liking.

While returning , I took the NH 8 through Haldighati - Nathwada-Beawar- Ajmer. This route is picturesque with breath taking terrains. Only a stretch of around 40- 50 kms is a single lane highway just after you exit Udaipur. The roads that follow from here are may be best roads, 80% of the stretch till Ajmer being 4 laned. Will post a few pics which I took on my way back.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Bro waiting for more pics as u promised and a detail report about ur journey with Pintu

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk